• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

If We All Lived In The Same Town....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! NO. :hilarious:

I would definitely f*ck up the budget. I would obsess about certain safety aspects...like our shells or caves, and blow the budget all on whatever the thing-of-the-week is. Gadgets, survival kits, weapons, cute knick knacks, musical instruments...all survival stuff, right? That's how it feels. There is no future. There is only RIGHT NOW.

I would be good at keeping the place low key yet organized some days. But too many days my response to everything would be "whatever." Although maybe that would be okay.

Last edited:
Maybe if we had fireworks going all the time everyone would get used to it and not notice the noise.......
I would be good at keeping the place low key yet organized some days. But too many days my response to everything would be "whatever." Although maybe that would be okay.
This would work for me! Although all the survival stuff sounds cool and I like the idea of musical instruments being necessary for survival.And, we don't NEED a budget if the future doesn't exist, do we?

@scout86 we could budget for high-quality ear plugs and some soundproofing where people want it. Fireworks don't bug me as much as lawnmowers...they just don't stop!! But I know fireworks are horrid for many people.

Individuals should probably get their own survival kits and gadgets, since we have different ideas of what this means. But the stores would be stocked with a good range of survival tools. Less room for bullshit like tabloid magazines and shampoos with vitamin B complex and special oil from a country I've never heard of. But the basics...

$950,000 security
$900,000 all the other city stuff (infrastructure, street lights, water plant, etc)
$600,000 therapy slush fund for the under-insured
$500,000 parks, recreation, an amazing civic center for concerts and community events, partially subsidized gyms and yoga/mindfulness studios
$450,000 impulse spending and bad decisions
$90,000 sound-proofing technology
$75,000 motion sensor technology for homes without smart dogs
$3,000 candy for recovering alcoholics

It's a start. Feel free to edit or revise. I do think the impulse/bad decision cushion would be helpful, though a semi-stable city board could help curb too many bad decisions, maybe? Anyway, I'm just not so good with numbers. I'm just good at making shit up.

Can we have lots of flowers in the budget? Planted everywhere and we're allowed to cut some to put in our cave/shell/house. Roses, Lisianthus, Baby's Breath, Ivy, Snapdragons.

Can we have free chocolate at the cafes please? Are we allowed to say f##k all the time without saying it quietly or writing it with the little asterisk thingies? I like saying f##k.

I nominate. We are all allowed to not follow any childhood rules from our abusers. This means I am not going to brush my hair. This also means I need to find someone who finds brushing my hair to be soothing for them. I'll cook them cupcakes occassionally, but don't tie me down to a day or date OK.

I hope the hot water is free. Oh shit, I feel like I am burden already to the town planner. I knew I would go too far.

I promise I won't ask for anything else. I want to wear long flowy dresses and twigs in my hair. I want there to be lots of fluffy weird dogs, all mixed breeds, pomeranians, chihuahas, chinese crested hairless, pugs. All well fed and loved and welcome everywhere. All allowed to have bubbies if they want and we''ll all celebrate the weird mix of offspring.

I will make pretty signs for everyone to put up on their gates. They will say "F##K OFF today. I AM a nice person. Don't be angry". They can then put them up and take them down as it suits.

I hope there's a creek to swim in at night in the nuddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back