• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

If You Didn't Have A Chance To Build A Self Before Complex Trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to make a journal of things I liked, not things others said I liked. That was hard. It took time to figure out that I indeed liked something, or just wanted to be like someone else by liking what they liked, or doing what wouldn't make them angry. I didn't even know what I liked. Now I have many things I like, that I know I like. It really helped me to build a self. I don't need others to compliment me on what I do, since I love to do the things I do, and when I receive compliments, it's all for the better.

So I have made such a huge progress in this arena. I have improved out of sight. I am really learning to be here much more now, and I am not so flooded with shame and humiliation like I used to be. I am much better. I am more able to access my own states. I still need to work on this but I really have come such a long way! I am more here. I am not so harsh on myself. I have built up a wide range of skills in order to address the issues in this thread. It has taken time, a long time, but well worth the effort.

Okay you basically just have to keep chipping away at it - you just have to keep chipping away at it, building up skills, practising skills, and working out which skills you need to learn next. It is quite time consuming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back