• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm New... Allow Me to Introduce Myself - Bipolar, OCD and PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh77

Confident
:loopy: Good Morning, everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I am male... from New Jersey, USA... I am a 29 year old widower... I have PTSD, Bipolar, and OCD. I am on four different meds:pills: for my disorders. I have had all of these disorders since I was 11 years old, and I've been on meds since I was 14 years old. I started with Prozac and made my way through most of the medications out there. I have been in and out of voluntary and involuntary(committed) hospitals. I have been committed twice (once to the State Psych Hospital...not very fun). I have recently found out that along with the Bipolar Disorder and OCD, I have been experiencing symptoms of PTSD all these years, but I did not know what PTSD was or that I had it!! I will disclose more about the traumatic events that precipitated my PTSD as I get to know everyone and feel more comfortable... for now I will just get to know everybody, and learn more about PTSD (I know a little bit from what my Doctor told me). I hope you will all welcome me here because I need this forum to help me (along with meds and therapy).
Thank You, everybody,

Josh77

Hi Josh! Welcome aboard. I'm so sorry that you've been suffering for so long. I hope you find some comfort here...(I'm a sap, I know!) I've been here for a while and I think of these members as family, and there's always room for more.

Welcome to the forum, Josh. I hope you get as much out of it as I have so far. Wow that's a lot of meds.... I can relate in a way, as I take several meds for physical problems (4 for asthma, 2 for sinuses, and 1 for stomach), plus I am on 60 mg of prozac daily.

Anyways this forum is a great place, personally I have felt very safe here. Take your time and share when you're ready. Again welcome!

Josh,

Sure glad that you found this place. It has been an amazing help and consistent challenge for me. In fact, I know I could do more work... but it's important to pace too.... we are all learning. You can really trust the people here. Welcome!

Welcome to the board Josh. I hope you find you are not alone and it has to be very unique and challenging to say the least to have the bi-polar going with the PTSD! Talk about having your hands full.

The OCD, just curious, was that before symtoms or situations that caused PTSD? Or when you are more willing to open up do you know what things make you OCD? I ask as with PTSD the docs go on this little lable game and run with it. I swear it is like a game of pin the tail on the donkey LOL. I have a laundry list of what are disorders in my paper work and OCD is on it, but all of mine revolve around PTSD. I mean without PTSD none of the others would exsist... So in the end I just say I have PTSD, and it is a lot easier to say just one LOL.

I too have had this for many years and had no clue. I just thought I was a bit of a nut and off... At least knowing what is wrong has set me on track as to how to fix it the best I can :)

josh, welcome, there is a great wealth of information here on ptsd for you to avail yourself of. i didn't have a clue about ptsd myself, til i was diagnosed.
cathy

Hi Josh, welcome aboard and glad you joined. Wow... Bipolar, OCD and possibly PTSD.... not a nice combo to say the least. Josh, I don't hesitate for a second that you will find great support here. You sound very positive already from your initial post through your eagerness to want to learn about PTSD and know exactly what you might just be dealing with. That is a very good start.

Again though, welcome along and hope to chat more with you as you feel comfortable to do so.

Ocd

Welcome to the board Josh. I hope you find you are not alone and it has to be very unique and challenging to say the least to have the bi-polar going with the PTSD! Talk about having your hands full.

The OCD, just curious, was that before symtoms or situations that caused PTSD? Or when you are more willing to open up do you know what things make you OCD? I ask as with PTSD the docs go on this little lable game and run with it. I swear it is like a game of pin the tail on the donkey LOL. I have a laundry list of what are disorders in my paper work and OCD is on it, but all of mine revolve around PTSD. I mean without PTSD none of the others would exsist... So in the end I just say I have PTSD, and it is a lot easier to say just one LOL.

I too have had this for many years and had no clue. I just thought I was a bit of a nut and off... At least knowing what is wrong has set me on track as to how to fix it the best I can :)

My OCD started right after my first traumatic event(I had a 3 traumatic events... 1 at age 11, and 2 at age 27). The last two just made my PTSD much worse, but yeah, I guess it did all start with that first violent event in my childhood. I never thought about that!! Thank you

Josh77

Welcome aboard Josh!

As has already been said, you'll find much PTSD info. here within the forum and are all in this together and glad to help. Again, welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back