1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I'm New - Complete Childhood Amnesia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grama-Herc, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I may or may not have a unique problem. I am 59 years old and remember -O- of my childhood nothing nada!! I was 10 when my sister was born-nothing-graduated from high school-zip-had a wedding and all I know is I did attend it My mother says she does not remember lot of stuff, but I'm sorry this just is not normal Does anyone else have complete memory block??

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum. You would be surprised to find what falls under the category of "normal" once PTSD enters the picture. Some people do have extreme amnesia, it is not unheard of.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Herc.. I just woke up so mind the bad typing/not making sense thing..

I have amnesia also.. from age 14 down.. I was diagnosed with it when I was 15, from trauma.. LOL

It's not unusal.. um....

LOL (I need coffee) welcome ot the forum and I'll chat with you when my eyeballs are pried awake.

bec

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome to the forum herc...

Can I ask... have you been diagnosed with PTSD, and if so, surrounding what type of trauma?

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey hercules, welcome to the forum.

7. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I hope that I am doing this right..How neat to be in Australia and Yes I have ptsd found out 10 years age and I am 59 now. The question is ptsd from what no one can tell me even my therapist says to leave it alone. I'll remember when my brain can handle it and I may never remember. I 've not only got the childhood amnesia thing but the thing taht has caused this is mystery. I barely rember giving birth in 1970. I know Idid cuz I got a kid but other than thatyou coulda fooled me

8. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Hi cookie, I've been trying to do this for weeks. My mom bought me a laptop computer for xmas and I still can't set the clock on my vcr so this silver beast on my desk is presenting quite a challenge. I"m stil of the pencil and eraser generation. Must warn you----I CA"T SPELL very well

9. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

:hello: Hi Her,

Welcome to the forum...Hope this place helps you find at least some of things you are looking for...

You are not alone here....

Take Care

D (wildcritter)

10. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi Hercules and Welcome to the forum. Whew! I can't say I've ever suffered amnesia, quite as extensive, but I have and do still suffer it. Others though, I'm sure have. Amnesia is not at all uncommon to PTSD.

Perhaps, reading this forum overtime, will end up helping jog and retreive many memories. Reading such a variety of trauma experience, info. and so forth can sometimes trigger and result in returned memories. I know this has happened to me, more than once, and was unexpected and unpleasant to say the least, but not always. Reading here I've even sometimes remembered some good memories from childhood, and that's still one area where I struggle and can't remember nearly anything.

Well, anyhow, welcome Hercules and join in.

11. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Herc. I think we all have (what was I thinking about, wowzers) to some degree or another. Your in the right place. This week I forgot my psyc appointment.

12. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Hey hon

I have to admit, yes I have suffered amnesia. I couldn't remember a lot from about eight to 17.

I'm 22 now and since I have been going over feelings/ flashbacks I have been kind of remembering more and more.
    To me though everything kind of blurred. I mean, I know I went to school, I know I had birthdays, christmasses, holidays, If it weren't for the photoes I wouldn't even know that.

13. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Hey you. My mother keeps trying to tell me that it is normal to have no memories. Denial do ya think? She's a sweetie and I love her beyond words, but in my gut I know she is keeping something from me. She is 82 and I know that she will never tell me what it is I have finally accepted that, more or less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar