• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm New Here...Wife of PTSD Vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there

hi nikki my name is Sonja also a wife of a marine vet that served in 1stgulf. who was in 2force recon. I am sorry its happening to you and your family. I know it gets really rough sometimes to hold things together in the home while still trying to keep your sanity. I can relate to many of the things you and your family are going through. All i can offer right now is a shoulder to lean on and an open ear as i am going through similar experiences. But, i think we've come to the right place :smile:
Can anyone who has gone through this personally offer any advise on how to open the communication highway between family members suffering from PTSD? Maybe something encouraging helped you open up to your family and friends.

Hi, I read your message, and I totally understand what your husband is going thru. I am a former marine, I just right now signed up for this site. I was a 0311 marine, but in bootcamp I volunteered to go to Washinton D.C., where I became a honor guardsman. I was stationed there when 9/11 happened, and I watched the pentagon burn. I was only twenty years old. I think my ptsd started the following month, when I got put on guard duty. I really did lose my mind, did some crazy things. I am orignally from and currently live in Santa Cruz, CA. I am married now, and have a beautiful daughter. I am a real mellow dude, but I really find it hard to relate to anyone. It really sucks. I can't compare myself to everything your husband has gone thru, and as a fellow marine I support him. I don't know what state you live in, but in CA people can get medical marijuana for PTSD. I smoked alot of pot before I got it legally, and let me tell you, it really, really worked. Being legal made me feel like I was apart of my community, and it made me feel so relaxed. I used alcohol alot to cope before, and it just made me into a monster. Pot just makes me want to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's and watch Beatles movies. I don't barely use it now either, just once and a while, when I take my dogs for walks or bike rides to the beach. Its not for everone, but it really can make you feel all light and happy again. On a side note too, you can find this on the internet, the Israeli Defense Force can prescribe medical marijuana to Israeli vets who want it, their government knows it works. Semper Fi, and bless you all.

Zachary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back