1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I'm ready to talk

Discussion in 'Childhood' started by Scott88, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Member

I'm completly freeking out since telling my t, did anyone else experience this, how did you get past it, really struggling ahhh :-(

AngelkeeperJ/AKJ and Rain like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. CaraG

CaraG Member

First of all, this is normal. Remembering stuff when you are child due to raising a child. Secondly, EMDR messed me up as well. I started something called Somatic Experiencing it seems to be helping and acupuncture has really helped. I think it's great you start processing this your therapist.

4. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

Yes... I think time helps. Also, if you could talk with your t about how you are feeling right now. It could help you normalize your reactions thus bringing your anxiety to a lower level. Sending mojo...

5. AngelkeeperJ/AKJ

AngelkeeperJ/AKJ Blessed!! Premium Member Generous $250+

(((@scout86 )))
    You are a SURVIVOR, and you KNOW HOW to LOVE your daughter! These things are SO very important! You took an ENORMOUS step towards healing even though you were beyond afraid to utter the words. You have a right to be proud of yourself!

Freida, scout86 and Simply Simon like this.
  6. Freida

Freida Active Member

Yep. Been there. Done that. Talk with your T. What you are feeling is totally normal. You've held it in for a long time so of course letting it out will be terrifying. But chances are your T has seen this before and can get you thru it. Just be honest about how you are feeling