• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Im So Tired

• Thread starter Deleted member 38644
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 38644

Im trying to separate myself from my family. Im tired of arguing...Im tired of the mess. Im not a gangster I'm not a thug. I can't have peace nowhere and this is what I want. Im in tears because I can't keep spending my life like this. I can't wait until I leave in a few days. After arguing I start studdering. You get tired of the drama. Im tired of shaking. I tried to combine this post but I couldn't.

Im trying to separate myself from my family. Im tired of arguing...Im tired of the mess. Im not a...
I didn't have to separate myself from family they did it all for me. I am not in touch very much at all anymore as i gave up trying to engage them i felt they were judgemental and one way relations and i have no time left for one way love or relations.
thanks for the post Lauren
Peace be Safe

I am sorry you are dealing with this. Family can be so hard. I feel like it is easier to leave abusive partners than it is family members. People are quick to support walking away from an abusive partner, but so often like to encourage one to tough it out with family.

Do you have a T you can talk this through with? I do not know the extent of what you are going through, but will speak from my own experiences. I do feel that it is worth it to try to make family relationships work, but not at the expense of your own well being. Sometimes the best thing you can do is to walk away. Either temporarily or permanently as the case may be. So often, abusive family members do not allow us to set even the most reasonable boundaries. Then, we go through life believing we are not worthy of boundaries, and all that goes along with it.

The single best thing I have done for my own healing path was to make the choice to go no contact with my mother. It hurts, but the toxicity from her was not something I could fix. I tried a long time to make it work, but finally recognized that if she did not want to heal herself then I could not force it. I hope you do not have to do the same, but if you do know that it is ok to put your needs in a place of priority over toxic family.

I am sorry you are dealing with this. Family can be so hard. I feel like it is easier to leave abusi...
family became to judgemental for me and my relations with my sister became toxic to me and my mental health. She is the only one that I cut ties with all the rest left on their own. the people closest to me in family have all past away (brother, Mother and Father)
thanks for the post
Peace be Safe

Sometimes we need to build our own fortresses. That's why I've suggested headphones. Noone can get you inside your own mind. It's a temporary solution, but that's all you really need right now. Getting back into to your headspace where they don't even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back