• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm Stepping Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Policy Enforcement
im not going to lead sheep astray because my mind has been damaged by drug abuse. God calls for a sound mind and I will not be judge harsher by God because I thought I was doing the right thing.

I could really hurt ppls relationship with God just as mine was by a false teacher. So I boldly step down because it is my right and I will observe.

It's Peter I think that says it is wise to step down because teachers will be judged more harshly by ppl and God. If I decide to help someone it's going to be simple and not asking for anything in return. I've seen enough false teachers and their own destruction fall upon them. I'm not having any of that.

If you look, you'll see that a lot of God's people who ended up with a lot to offer spent some time in one wilderness or another first. You might think of your own recovery as your time wandering in the wilderness. I don't think any of the prophets were just "wandering". I think they were learning, just like you are.

I've seen enough false teachers and their own destruction fall upon them. I'm not having any of that.

I admire that being thats how my trauma occured but also in my time trying to get this god business, I found many (most that i came across), dont live as they teach, and teach whats not in the bible but throw in their own agenda (not that you were, just what i came across).

So i admire you in doing this to know when you can and when you cant lead and i agree with @scout86, those prophets were learning, the bible is full of learning so this is your time to learn, grow, grow closer to god, and then teach better! ;)

Im glad your recovery is going well! As an addict myself, I know its hard!

Are you making a decision now to "step down" for the rest of your life?

If so, I'm wondering why?

Some of the greatest healers are those who have endured great adversity themselves.

I fear you may be giving up prematurely.

Don't let PTSD win. You could possibly do much good for others after you've done more healing. :hug:

No, not for the rest of my life. Just until my conscience is silent and I have nothing to hide. I mean stumbling blocks that is. I was told by a preacher that smoking weed is ok, even if it's a social thing. I remember what seemed like a dark cloud enveloped him and he blasphemed the Lords name.

I looked up to this man for advice. It was over when he said that. I will not blaspheme the Lords name. I will do what I know is right by stepping down for now. I'm going through the valleys in life. I'm learning each day. Even tho I hurt I have gained a lot more wisdom through that pain.

I will not be a stumbling block for someone who is trying to get into heaven. I just think it's a wise choice given all the false teachers in the world. I reperesent the church of Philedelphia. Look up Revelations CH3:7. God impressed me that this is the way I look to Him.

I just think it's a wise choice given all the false teachers in the world.

I agree. When trying to figure out this stuff, I ran across pastors that said MANY things that is completely against the bible and with a confused person like myself, if I didnt question everything by nature, it would of placed me down a very bad path. Some blindly trust what their pastor says and takes it as truth and dont go look it up themselves and if it is convincing enough, well thats how most religous cults started.

@sonicwhite, im in no way saying you would of even thought of starting a cult, im just advising that if you are in a place where you may be leading people astray or not in the correct direction in all things, stepping down for now is a good idea.

People dont think enough of false teachers in religon and the damage that even slight false can do. Thank you for being one that thinks of it and placed it at its highest importance! :hug:

To the church of Philedelphia

7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.
13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back