1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

In General As a General Whine - Moving and Board Break

Discussion in 'Social' started by permban0077, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

We are in crunch time now... one week to go before the move.

Jack shit is packed so we are packing- translation hubs is packing now with us moving next weekend. I have been having to send pics out and post ads of the remaining farm animals. I won't have a problem placing them but it kills me I am giving up 2 dogs and 5 cats a flock of ducks and guineas. I placed the ad yesterday and am bombarded with responses. So I may be empty handed this weekend ,but the dogs were birthday presents and I did a lot of work to train them for LGD.

I am majorly pissed about one cat. I am not trying to place him as he is an asshole. My teen girl who makes life hell literally tortured this cat (yes she saw a doc then) but he was jacked in the head. I won't try to adopt him out as I spent $1,000 to fix him from an injury when I got him. Ex and his family was letting him die. Well he laid into my ass today. I was feeding the 17 yo one a soft egg (he has one tooth) and he caught my finger... One lil' claw and a tiny tiny puncture but he hooked just right on my nuckle hitting a vein or something, poured blood. He hooked me well enough to bring me to my knees and I had to wait for him to retract the claw. I got it to stop but now my knucle is white; red and swollen going up and down my index finger. It hurts... Asshole cat. I see someone being declawed soon so he does not hurt anyone.

Son turned 15 today so driving lessons start now with a drivers permit! Scary!!!! My mom called to make things even better and noticed he sounded like a man, yeah I know. So did the birthday thing today and the baby has her's next Friday too turning 3. And then long road trip to the house I have not seen.

Hubs has been force feeding and upset I am messed up, just too much stress. So not so good a few days. He is griping he drew a bath and wants me to go get in and unwind. He took me for a drive earlier but it did not go well as I forgot my meds and was late. Not pretty.

Again just a general whine/vent; I am going to miss my animals.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Bleah I hate moving. Sorry about your animals. That must royally suck. :(

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i hate moving too, veiled. will keep you in my prayers for the next couple weeks for a nice, calm, peaceful, moving experience, and that you'll just love your new home.cathy

5. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Veiled...moving sucks. Yeah, that's my word for so many things in my life...but the reality of it is, moving really does suck.:mad:

I'm sorry you have to give up your animals. I know how cathartic they are; they become part of the family and don't (usually) talk back to us. Look at how upset I was having to put one of my dogs down...it was like killing one of my children!

As for your cat...well...I don't know that I would declaw him...go to the vet and see about a tranquilizer for him. We had a cat once that got old and literally went crazy. We didn't want to put him down, so the vet prescribe amyltripilene (sp?) for him. Calmed him right down...:biggrin:

You need to take care of your finger. Cats have so many germs on their claws (after all, they scratch in the dirt and/or litter box and love to kill little critters); it is very easy to get an infection from a tiny little puncture from a cat's claw. Remember, stuff like that doesn't get better on its own, so it's up to you to make sure you do what you have to to help it get better.

Thoughts and prayers are with you...constantly (I think you know that by now) - both for the move and for surviving the #1 son learning to drive.:eat-me:

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

The really old cat is fine... He is moving in with inlaws as well he is old and his butt explodes! So he is not really ours but family in military but we have had him about 4 years. I am taking asshole cat who is 5 or 6, he is still young but very agressive. He has to be declawed not to hurt the baby. He is just jacked in the head. He is nomally OK with me but he wanted that damn egg... Swelling is going down but hurts.

I did not comment on the pet as shit what do you say??? Nothing I say will make it better but I know it hurts. You just have to come out and get a hug LOL.

I am going to take a board break until I settle now. I will check my PMs and if someone needs will chat, but that is all I got at the moment!

Appreciate all the prayers! I could use some! I will see y'all after I got moved.

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Yep, know what your saying about moving... a well deserved break veiled.

8. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Have a good break veiled! Good luck with your move, I hope it all goes smoothly.