1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Intensive Hospital Program

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by sheree71, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheree71

sheree71 Member

Hi. I'm looking at undertaking an intensive trauma/dissociative program next year in a psyche hospital. Has anyone been in such a program? I'm looking for any feedback. Did it help or not? I'm a little apprehensive about the whole thing.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I did a six week program years ago which was extremely resourceful knowledge wise, taught me some methods in which to manage PTSD, taught me to expand my thinking in order to keep my mind active, etc etc. Some are a waste of space, some are good... really roll the dice and see how you go.

4. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I agree with Anthony, though I have no experience of inpatient PTSD programs. But I say give it a go, see how it feels as you are doing it. What's the worst that could happen? If I was offered a treatment program like this, I'd take it... I think it's important to try anything that may help. You're bound to be apprehensive though, that's normal... just keep an open mind. You never know, it could be just what you need, or may help you along the way.....!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar