• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Interpersonal baggage on the forum is becoming a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeylittle

Sponsor
There have been a number of incidents lately - in threads, in chat, and in PMs - where members are taking offense at other members.

It's one thing to make a challenging observation. We can all benefit from those.

It's another thing to start choosing sides and following an issue through multiple threads, or to get into the subject of which member is right/wrong in PMs, or to develop dysfunctional kinds of behavior around what you do when you "see" that member is online, or in chat.

None of that is useful. It's a distraction, it's giving free rein to cognitive distortion, and frankly, it's frustrating for the vast majority of members who have nothing to do with the petty infighting amongst the small cliques on this site.

I would strongly encourage the community to remember what this site is here for - peer to peer support for the individual's journey towards managing the PTSD that affects their lives.

It's not always a bad thing to form friendships here. Those friendships do not need to become more interesting or important to you than your own work. It's avoidance, pure and simple. I'm empathetic towards how it happens, but as Admin, I'm tired of seeing it spill out all over the forum and won't put up with it continuing.

Remember: if there is someone you don't want to interact with, you have many different ways to control that from your privacy settings panel. If you've never checked it out, go now: Link Removed

Premium Members: You have the ability to lock threads you start, and you can thread-ban members from them as well. You'll see these options under "thread tools", on the top R of the first post on every page of a thread.

Don't forget about the ignore function. You'll find information on how to use the ignore function here.

Thanks. If you have questions, raise them via help-ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back