• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Intro, I Am A Long-time Suffere In Need Of Clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFire_84

New Here
I have been diagnosed with PTSD since I was in my early 20's. I have symptoms that I had no idea were affecting me. I cannot show affection very well and guard myself against ANYONE even my own BF, from hurting me, talking rude to me, disrespect and anything else that people show me that is negative and unhelpful. My BF is getting angry and inpatient with me. I am in counseling but need to focus on my PTSD esp how it effects relationships. Any help is wanted. Thanks! :-)

I have been diagnosed with PTSD since I was in my early 20's. I have symptoms that I had no idea...
Hi Renee,
I am new here but I have 7 years of this. My wife has been very supportive, by educating herself and me talking to her about my symptoms. Maybe, your BF can give it a try. I know that my wife has made a choice to support me. But she carries part of the burden. I stay positive as possible and try to help others, but many, including myself have down days.
Hope this helps you,
Joseph :)

Welcome to the forums! Counseling, a therapist to help guide you through your healing journey is one of the best things you can do for yourself. And you found us! There are so many great threads in here, with great people, to help you. I encourage you, if you haven't, to read up on PTSD, so you have a full knowledge of what it is you are trying to cope with.
Our mates are never going to fully grasp what we are going through. But talking to them, explaining our stressors, and working with them will give them a better idea. Have you heard about the Ptsd cup? I recently showed this to my s/o, as I could not explain why I fuse out sometimes, and things have been starting to click into place just a bit more for us. I encourage you to check the thread out.
https://www.myptsd.com/threads/the-ptsd-cup-explanation.13737/
Again, welcome x

Echoing Eve, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for what you're going through.

No fantastic words of wisdom. Just listen to what has already been said. Many good people here and those of us who can't add much, can hear you loud and clear. That's important too.

Welcome to the forums :hug: I hope this place helps you. It's very useful because of the bulk amount of people who feel similar and understand. There is a lot of advice and support to be found here :) I hope that this amazing community helps you as much as it helped me, reading all the similar stories, and learning a lot along the way. Hugs if you accept :hug:

@Renee Woodman Welcome to the forum! :)

Personally I believe a relationship is only as healthy as the people in it, so by focusing on your own healing you will have a positive effect on your relationships. Hopefully your BF will understand and work with you in that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back