1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Intro - Retired Coast Guard Chief Corpsman

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by coastie96, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coastie96

coastie96 New Member

Hi all. My name is Rick, I am a retired Coast Guard Chief Corpsman with PTSD. I live in Pensacola Florida with my Sister, who also has PTSD. I am a survivor of the Coast Guard Cutter Blackthorn, which was struck by a tanker and sunk in Tampa Bay on January 28, 1980. I was the Corpsman on the ship and lost 23 of my fellow crewmembers. I am also a survivor of sexual abuse as a kid. I was able to continue my carrer in the CG by shoving my PTSD back and fully concentrating on my job and my computers. My marriage fell apart after I retired because I didn't have any way to keep my PTSD buried anymore. I now have a whole slew of other medical problems and my PTSD has really flared...I'm having a hard time with relationships and crowds. I get angry very easily and totally clam up. Just need a place to vent and sometimes get advise.:hello:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome Coastie!

You found the right place for venting and understanding. Crowds give most of us grief (some not so much and some of us horridly), and I so understand that. I consider a crowd 2 people! LOL

How do you handle living with your sister as fellow sufferers? Both my son and I have PTSD and I find that we are very close and understand each other to a great degree. We have our spats (what child and parent doesn't?) but for the most part live in harmony. Just curious if you find it similar or more difficult.

Anyways welcome!

bec

4. coastie96

coastie96 New Member

I find that we are able to support each other sometimes, but our experiences are different and we both realize that. We too have our spats but we have become a lot closer since I moved in.

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Coastie.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi coastie, welcome to the forum.

7. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, rick, welcome to the forum

8. willing

willing Active Member

Welcome Rick,
    I hope you find the comfort and support here that I have found. It is a great site.
    Patty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. ptsd coast guard

2. ptsd statistics in the Coast guard

Show Sidebar