1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Introduction - Intravert With Three Beautiful Children

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by memories remain, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memories remain

memories remain New Member

Hi,

My name is Stacey. I was diagnosed with complex ptsd 13 years ago. I am a very introverted person and am having trouble right now even starting this introduction. I have three beautiful children that i have trouble being around sometimes, i worry how all this affects them.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

:hello: Welcome Stacey,

This forum seems to help a bunch of folks and everyone seems to stick together of most things. Sorry you have PTSD, but you have come to the right place for support, venting, information, etc.

Hugs to you & your kids...........................

Take Care

D (wildcritter)

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome Stacey, glad that you joined and said hi. Stacey, intravert, extravert, certainly no difference with what matters most, our personality and determination. If you want to fight to win against yourself, you have certainly come to the right place. How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking? I have three sons, 15, 2 and 3 months old. Love them all equally.

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Welcome to the forum, stacey. this is a good place.
    cathy

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Stacey, kindred spirits here.

7. memories remain

memories remain New Member

thanks for welcome

Thanks to you all for your welcome. I have been looking for a site like this for a while now and am glad to be here. I've lived in a very small town in Washington State all of my life and have always had a very hard time making friends. I am sure a lot of you have the same experience, i have trouble trusting people and opening up to them even when i desperately want to. I tend to be able to read people fairly easily and every time i say something that is a little off (which tends to be quite often) i can see that look on their face (the whats wrong with you look) and i close off and go about six feet behind my shield. I have tried therapy and about every medication they can think of to try to help but none of them do. I have an eight year old daughter, a six year old son, and a four year old son. I worry about them a lot, i mean how good of a job of being a mother can i be when half the time i seem to be in another universe. Having a hard time thinking right now. later.

stacey

8. FlyLadyFan

FlyLadyFan Member

Welcome to this great forum.

My kids are 3, 5, 7 and a big one of 19 -- very hard to be with them and tend to their needs without snapping. I feel you. FlyLadyfan, Kimberly

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Stacey.

I'm a mom too. I have two boys of 11 and 14. The 11 year old has ptsd same as me. I also live in a small town. A lack of decent resources is a big issue with small towns. Glad to have you here. Take a look around and make yourself comfortable.

bec

10. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I also have two children, girls, that I love deeply. But, there were days, especially when I had the worst of PTSD raging, that I couldn't even feed them. The guilt is crippling. The wonderful thing about kids is, they forgive so easily. And having had struggled, we can teach our kids to be better, understanding, and tolerant people.

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Stacy, sometime though it is not healthy to guess what others think. It is a negative thinking model, one which diversly affects PTSD sufferers actually, in that we take it upon ourselves to create what others think or perceive of what we say or do, then our mind manipulates it out of proportion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar