1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Introductions are in Order I Suppose - Abuse and Veteran

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheDeepestScar, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDeepestScar

TheDeepestScar Member

I found this site on one of my PTSD searches on the internet. I've been doing alot of research in the last month since I began seeing a new therapist.

I am a victim of child abuse and am a child of alcoholic parents. I am also a victim of spousal abuse in all varieties by my ex husband, who also abused our daughter when she was an infant which I will be more comfortable going into possibly later.

I am also a veteran of the United States Air Force, the abuse happened during my term of service so it is considered what is called service connected. In fact, they diagnosed me with PTSD and then turned around and deployed me knowing that diagnosis. Which only served to worsen my condition.

I have been seeing a psychiatrist at a Veteran's hospital in West Virginia, but he's got me diagnosed with bipolar and doped up with too many medications.

I, by the grace of God, found a therapist that specializes in PTSD and has written several books on the matter. Her name is Mary Beth Williams. She has evaluated me and says that I have complex PTSD which I am only now coming to understand (hence the recent research).

I suffer from severe panic attacks, deep periods of depression and withdrawel, I'm very socially inept...well actually I'm afraid to be social so to speak.

I am not very good at introductions.

I could say hi, my name is Rachele and I'm trying to recover from PTSD.

:hello:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Welcome to the forum Rachele

4. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. You did just fine.

5. rt1967

rt1967 Active Member

Hi Rachele really glad you found this forum.
    Ruth

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum.

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Rachele!

bec

8. vst

vst Active Member

Hi Rachel! Welcome to the forum.

vst

9. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hello, Rachele, glad you found us.

10. TheDeepestScar

TheDeepestScar Member

Thank you for the welcome. Everyone thus far seems very nice and considerate and that is helpful. So is some of the information I've been able to assimilate.

11. txmomof3

txmomof3 Active Member

Welcome to the board from another new member. I can relate to difficulties through the VA as my husband was medically discharged from the Navy. Although I know what to expect, I am still surprised at how difficult things are made sometimes.

12. TheDeepestScar

TheDeepestScar Member

The VA healthcare system and the disability processing is aggravating. My psychologist felt like I should be 100% permanent instead of 70% service connected with individual unemployability. The doctor they had me see for my eval saw me for a whole of about 15-20 minutes. I would think it would be kinda hard to figure out what degree a person is without seeing them.

I really think something needs to be done about the healthcare system set up for Veterans. Especially the psychiatric care due to the amount of soldiers, sailors and airmen coming back with PTSD.

I was almost medically discharged, but I couldn't take one more day of where I was working (I could have waited out the medical board if I wanted to). I took my honorable discharge and crossed my fingers with filing a disability claim.

But thanks txmomof3. :)

13. vera

vera Active Member

welcome... =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar