• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Investigating Childhood Experieneces And Relationship Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are we?
We are a research team from Leiden University, Netherlands, currently conducting a study for the department of clinical psychology.

What is our goal?

The overall aim of the present project is to investigate the role of attachment and emotion regulation in the relationship between childhood experiences and conflict tactics in close relationships.
The study has been approved by the Psychology Ethics Committee of Leiden University.
Further information will be given in the survey.

Who are we looking for?

Our only requirement is that you are above 18 and understand English.
By participating, you can help psychological research to increase awareness and to improve treatment.
Plus, you can win one out of 11 vouchers of 25€!
The survey is also accessible on your phone. In case you don't manage to fill it out at once, your response status will be stored for 2 days.

This is the link to the survey: http://bit.ly/2mB7jz9

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully yours,
Leiden Research Team

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very interesting. I think we all have an intuitive understanding of the relationship between childhood experiences and attachment styles in relationships (intimate ones especially) but some actual data on this would be good to see.

How long us the study running for and when would the results be ready?

Really interesting research topic. Where can I find the link to participate? Feel free to send me a personal message anytime.

Some confusing questions eg

I made my partner have sex without a condom - specify number of times

That would be normal in a committed long term relationship using other methods of birth control. Is this aimed at young people? It appears within an extensive and repetitive list of questions about violence and abuse in a relationship.

Also some double negatives that need to be thought about.

People with domestic violence traumas might want to approach this with caution.

Will you be sharing the results with us?
A report will be available at the end of the study (approximately september 2017). However, since the survey is anonymous, we cannot provide you with the results. If you are intersted you can contact the principal investigator (contacts are given in the survey).

People with domestic violence traumas might want to approach this with caution...

We understand that this questionnaire contains questions of intimate nature, so participation in the study might cause distress or arouse negative feelings. In this case - if you experience any negative feelings in response to the questionnaires or have any further questions related to the content of the questions - you will find the contact of the principle investigator, a trained clinical psychologist with expertise in the topic (childhood trauma, interpersonal partner violence) in the debriefing of the study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back