1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Is Anyone In a Relationship With Someone With PTSD?

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by devynsmama, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devynsmama

devynsmama New Member

In a nutshell, I have been seeing the most wonderful man for the last few months, but every time we get to a serious point like the "i love you" or any big steps he does whatever he can to push me away. He has tried numerous things and I haven't let them work. I tell him I will give him the time he needs, but im not going to give up on him or us. In doing this we have been able to work things out. What i want to know is how i help him with these intense feelings he tells me he's having, which triggers his fight-or-flight responses. I want to help be the solution to the problem not make it worse. If anyone has any helpful suggestions or stories, or anything that might help it would be very appreciated. Thank you fro your time

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I just want to say welcome to the forum. I want to go into your post but I will have to come back to it. You will get a lot of advice I would think. Also, we have a [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/forum9.html"]carers section[/DLMURL] which is all about being the partner of someone with PTSD. You will find lots of what you need in there.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I have moved this from the Chat PTSD to carers forum, as it is more relevant here.

5. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Welcome to the forum. Reading here in the Carers section, I believe you will find many stories to relate to. My husband (Jim) and my situation is somewhat different in that we are carers to a child rather than a partner, but there are many partners here, and we can all learn from one another. Be certain to read the Information sections of the forum as well, as there is a wealth of information on PTSD there. Again welcome, lovely to have you here.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Believe you'll find what you're looking for here in the Carers section.

Jim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar