• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Is He Really Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmm

Learning
My fiancé just out of the blue told me he is done because he cannot deal with the stress of my ex husband which he has been very supportive of and helpful with in the past. In fact, the stress there is very minimal compared to what it used to be, but my fiancé now obsesses over it. And to be very fair, until this happened and I spoke with one of his family members I did not even understand what PTSD all entailed. My research has really made me understand how PTSD affects him and our relationship. Things have been rough for a while now and that is his secondary reasoning. Twice three years ago when we first started dating he also broke up with me out of the blue because of stresses but both times he asked if we could get back together.

We have a son together and he has not given me any sort of timing on when I should move out. But he is being very cold to me, and yet replying to family members and friends who reach out to him with kind words.

Is he really done or just needs me out of his life for a while? I was hopeful at first but am losing hope. It's been about a week since he decided he was done. He was on the fence for about a week before that and like I said, this came out of the blue. Any advice/thoughts are appreciated. I now feel like I understand PTSD better but looking for some further thoughts on the situation.

Unfortunately nobody here can tell you if he's done or not. I've done both in the past......come back time after time, and simply walked away because I knew it was the end. Every situation is different. The best you can do right now is educate yourself as much as you can about PTSD and let him that you will support him in any way that you can.

Read up about the stress cup. Sometimes we can seemingly be OK regarding an issue but then its something small that pushes us over the edge.

I wish you the best.

Thank you for the reply! I did read the stress cup it was incredibly helpful. I've kept myself busy researching PTSD and learned a ton. You're absolutely right, nobody except him knows what he's thinking and I don't even know that he is sure what he wants.

Am I better off leaving him completely alone right now? I want to leave him a letter but I don't know if I should. I've been staying out of the house as much as I possibly can to give him space. I don't want to push him further away, I hate feeling like I have so little control.

In my experience - yes leave him alone. If he comes back it will be in his own time and of his own accord. If you push him he will simply distance himself further. Hugs if you accept them.

Reactions: Lmm
My heart breaks for you, I should hope he would find the ways to not walk away from his child & the mother of his son. PTSD or not that still is so.

Hugs if you accept them. :hug:

Reactions: Lmm
Ex's can be chillingly disruptive. My ex likes to the play the 'see you mother can't keep a man so it is her fault we divorced'. I know the game as it relates to me. So yes, ex's can be a horrible stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back