1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Is my child part trying to hurt me?

Discussion in 'Dissociation, Depersonalization & Derealization' started by Square84, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Square84

Square84 Guest

Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking for advice. My psypsycholog has diagnosed me with complex ptsd with symptoms of dissociation and depersonalisation. We have discovered several different parts, one of whom is a young child. I have thoughts (which I do sometimes act on) of harming myself. When these thoughts occur, I don't feel in control, infact I don't feel anything.

My psychologist believes this is my child part as this is the only solution the child thinks she has. I find it very difficult to answer why I have done whatever It is i had done when I do harm myself, as I truly don't know.

If it is the child part, is she actually looking for a way out? Or is she screaming for help? Alot of the time I feel like i just need to break down in tears and just want somebody to hold me and comfort me. Is that the child part too? And if so, why can't I do it?

I realise this is a bit of a ramble but I hope it makes sense. I look forward to any feedback.x

littleoc and Muted like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Muted

Muted I'm a VIP Premium Member

I have a part like that too. Have you tried to talk to that part and ask what she needs?

EveHarrington and littleoc like this.
  4. EveHarrington

EveHarrington ________ in progress Premium Member

I second talking to your parts and asking them what they need.

Parts can act out when they don’t feel safe or feel unheard.

I'smom and Muted like this.
Show Sidebar