• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Is This A Panic Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaoticmind

Learning
I don't even know what's what anymore. I've been pretty good the past few days. Today I was laying in bed sleeping on and off and out of no where felt a bit dizzy and my heart racing. Then this feeling overcame my body. I wish I can explain it. Kind of like my blood stops flowing for a second and I feel a bit tingly and numb through out my entire body and my vision seems blurry. I feel like throwing up and have a lump in my throat feeling. My hearing goes in and out and I just start to think "I'm dying, I'm sick, there's something with my heart" etc. I've narrowed down that it may be vertigo, and nothing with my vision as I went to doctors last week. I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression but I don't think I really fully know or understand what a panic attack is which is why I ask, does what's going on with me seem like a panic attack?

Last edited:
Hi @Chaoticmind, it must be a confusing time for you, have you asked your doctor or psychologist is its a panic attack? When I get one, my body will start shaking, heart races, dizzy, confused, disorientated, I feel like I am dying. It sounds like it might be but it is always good to make sure there is nothing medically going on that could be causing this. Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back