• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship It Feels Like He Doesn't Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson2015

Learning
So my now ex fiancé (not my choice) used to be so loving. He literally treated me like a princess. We were inseparable for years. We keep in touch now that he is dealing with the PTSD. He left me because he couldn't handle the relationship and the PTSD. I have been just trying to give him space and support him.

It kills me sometimes though...
We always used to tell each other when we got places (specifically at night) for safety reasons. It was just our thing. Since we broke up I am not living 45 minutes away from my work at my parent's house. It actually hurts that he doesn't check on me when I drive home at midnight. My car had a major issue last week... He had no concern about that either.

I'm not trying to whine... I just don't understand. Why doesn't he care anymore? I know we're aren't together anymore, but we are very close. And I truly believe that under the numbness is still the endless love that he said he would always have for me. Plz share your experiences with me?

I don't think its a matter of him not caring anymore. Have you read about the stress cup concept? I'm guessing that he's in stress overload. When that happens, we sort of just shut down. We aren't as affectionate. We are a bit more closed off. The stress takes it toll on us, and unfortunately on everyone around us as well.

I'm kinda in the same boat feelings wise as you are. Although he still says he wants to be with me, I just don't 'feel' it. He swears he's fine but I know better.

I feel the exact same. I even told him I felt he didn't care and why. And he was like why did you say that. Like he didn't understand why I'm hurt. He can't see his behaviour. It's hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back