• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It Hurts So Good...and Bad. Started For Bloomin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysihba

Confident
and got carried away.....sorry if this is in the wrong place, had to dump it somewhere.
I have a picture in my place of a 13 y.o. girl. She was an apparent "SIDS" baby. The one unheard of, rare, that was revived. I was told a few weeks after that call, the baby had some strange abnormality and would not live long. The rare, very rare times that one made a big difference was stole away. I had no contact with the family after that even tho they were neighbors at the time of the call. About a year ago the baby's Mom who works at a local bank walked into the bank managers office with whom I was visiting and said "I know where you were exactly 11? years ago...you were at my house trying to save my baby." Oh, bad, uh ....run scream shout or cry....then I made the connection between baby and Mom...lost thru the years. Trigger over trigger. I managed to say...."uh, thought she didn't make it". Mom said she was a happy, smiling little girl but had some disability.
I was beyond shocked and fighting back too many things at once. For about 12 years I had thought that this baby was dead. A miracle that was robbed. Flood of emotions ! Now I found out...I believed an untruth for many years (one of many), and one of many that haunted me.
Now I have a picture of that young lady hanging on my wall. It still brings out the tears but it is a reminder that sometimes, what I did really did make a difference. We all need reminded of that.
This is probably the wrong time and place to write this. If so I am sorry. Perhaps you or others can move it or help me to.
Just had to say...remember the good times and successes. Even those hurt sometimes and do now.

Mysihba, Thank you for sharing this piece of you, the little girl (or not so little anymore) and her mom, with us.

This has been one of the more rewarding posts I've read in some time; Our most positive, sometimes life-saving moments, impacting upon countless others, are those memories that really ought to be sticking with us more, while being shared with others.

Positive and natural, Inspiring and impacting, Joy and tears; All Deeply appreciated!

Thank you again Mysihba for this.

Hope

Thanks ! It was a bit overwhelming. Strange thing is, it seems to hurt more often than help to look at that pic. I guess that's the bad side of ptsd speaking...but thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back