1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

It's a BOY!

Discussion in 'Social' started by Nam, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I'm proud to announce the birth of my son, Leo Craig, born Aug. 31, 2007 at 12:10pm after a quick 5 1/2 hour labor. He is 22 inches long and a whopping 9 lbs.!

My water broke early morning at 6:30am and by 7:30am, I was indeed getting uncomfortable! I called my midwife and unfortunately, she was at another birth and that client seemed more likely to deliver quicker than I, so she suggested that I pack up and come down to her Birth Center where she could keep an eye on both of us. The only bad thing was that the birth center was two hours away and I was dreading the drive with contractions coming about every two minutes. Indeed I was right...IT WAS HELL!!! We arrived at the Birth center at 11:30 am and I promptly got into the tub. I was complete (fully dilated) by 12:08, and after 1 1/2 pushes, he was here, born in water; naturally.

Leo decided he was going to be born quickly, but he was in no hurry to breathe. So we took him to get some labs drawn and was seen by a doctor who then called the ambulance so that he could be transported to the nearest hospital where he was admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. There, we found that he had an infection which I probably gave him during the birth. He is being treated with antibiotics and he is doing very well.

While he was doing well, I was slipping down hill and fast. I ended up with a fever the day after I delivered and popped (separated) my pubic bone. This feels like being hacked by an ax! I was seen by a Chiropractor and was also put on antibiotics since I now had the same infection that Leo has.

It is now Day 3, and we are both doing much better. I'm out of the wheelchair, and walking slowly but still sitting on a special cushion. Leo is nursing well and I've already shrunk back to my pre-preg weight. I was all baby....

We expect to be home by Friday...

Keep us in your thoughts....and thank you for those of you who have been very concerned about me. I'll post pics soon.

Nam

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:hello: little Leo Craig....Welcome to the Planet!!!!!...May you receive and give love....Play in the laughter of others that you may laugh as others play.....Go tree hugging at at least once....Always be ready to be astounded and amazed by even the smallest of things you see....Stop and smell the flowers as well as plant them in joy and anticipation....Do something everyday to make yourself happy [besides pooping in your nappies!].....Develop the skills to be able to absorb everything in nature so that it's conservation will be a continuing concern of yours [That means noooo tree cutting!!] Smile back at the flowers you meet and at the people you pass by on your daily journey....Let PEACE be your mission....Never go to war....Talk and talk....Learn what you stand for and let no one dissaude your kindness or your courageous spirit....Love deep even if it hurts and lastly if someone brings a war provide the crayons....little guy :kickass:!!!!!..and keep dancing!!.....When and if the day comes....let me witness your pledge for peace in the world!!!!

4. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

Congratulations Nam and welcome to not so little Leo Craig......may he bring you much joy and happiness.

Hope you are feeling better soon and back on your feet to enjoy motherhood :)

5. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Huge congratulations Nam! I believe this is your first boy? A quick delivery is good in some ways and difficult in others... one of my quick deliveries (2.5 hours) resulted in a fourth degree tear. The pubic bone popping sounds excruciating, glad to know you are feeling somewhat better now. Losing all your weight so quickly must feel wonderful! I do hope you continue to feel better and enjoy the precious new little one!

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Congrats Nam! I was so jazzed when I saw the thread subject line this morning. I'm glad that things are going better for both of you.

Welcome little Leo Craig, congrats mom and dad and also the big sisters!

Way to go, hon!

Lisa

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Ohh Congrats Nam!

Seems like it's been a very long wait for Leo! I hope you are both infection free and feeling better very very soon!

Job well done! :)

bec

8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Oh congratulations Nam!!!!! I'm so pleased for you!! But sorry about the infection you both got... glad you are both doing better and will be united and home on Friday.....

Awwww, I love stuff like this....

Wishing you all the best

Lisa

9. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Conratulations Nam on the birth of a beautiful baby boy, Oh how exciting is this.....
    And Happy Birthday Leo, again, how exciting. I hope you are both feeling much better.....

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

HUGS!!! Wonderful news. You did a great job! And so quick, wow. Hope you and your new little man get to feeling much better very soon. Congratulations.

11. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Nam,

Congrats.......Hope the both of you are feeling better..

Wendy

12. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Oh Nam,
    I am so happy for all of you, sorry to hear about the post delivery complications but whats done is done right!!!! Welcome Little Leo I am so happy for all of you and so happy it was a happy outcome, once again congrats Iam sooooo happy for you all and I cant wait to see Leo you to of course I do Miss our chats take care heal well and God Bless you all.

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Congratulations Nam... congrats to you all. Ouch... 9lb boy... that could have tickled I guess.... well done though to you and your husband, and best of wishes to you all and your new baby boy.