• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It's All Happening. Now I'm Not In Denial Life Is Changing. Even Going On A Date. Eeek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liv now

Confident
I think I posted in the right section this time. Since my introduction about not being in denial anymore...things just keep happening....it's amazing, but freaky...My relationships with others (including work) are more open and honest, setting personal boundaries has become easier. But the most amazing is that I forced myself to go to a party last weekend... and I met someone .... And now I am going on a date... Oh my goodness what have I got myself in to. It's all good, but I haven't been on a date in oh so many years. Any tips people? I bought myself a new outfit, i've been texting all week to get to know him a little better. And I've even opened up a little about what I'm comfortable with on a date (and not). I did this because I noticed myself feeling anxious about things moving too quickly, and didn't want to risk being triggered or dissociate as I tend to do. All new territory for me... He has asked me out, but I'm choosing where to go. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Work out the basics....what do you enjoy doing? What kind of environment are you more relaxed in? Think about safety aspects and are you happy traveling to get there? What's reasonably local? Come up with some options then speak to your date and ask which ones he'd like to do.

Hope you enjoy your date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back