• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship It's Been 10 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilmssunshine

Confident
Since I spoke to my favorite person in the world. He told me ten days ago that he wants to hear from me. He told me ten days ago that he loves me. So every couple of days I'd text with no expectation of a response and no response. I also called him once after five days, no answer, no call back. I've kept busy, taken good care of me and work hard on growing. I just miss him. I always miss him when he does this. I wonder if he knows how much I miss him when he isolates. I don't think I have ever told him. I just have accepted it and kept busy. Then we pick up where we left off. I guess I got a little hopeful when he told me he always has loved me. Hopeful that we would talk more. Guess not. I see him and not his illness. That doesn't stop me from wishing I could hear his sexy voice more often. I'm just kinda venting I guess. I think I'm realizing how much I love him.

So it's been 10 days since you saw him ? I met someone a month ago and it was intense and wonderful , he disappears 6 days ago , haven't heard from him and he blocked my number and will not respond at all. One day he called me babe and dedicated songs to me and the next poof. I miss him so much but my gut tells me he is gone for good.

No I haven't seen him in a year and a half. He lives in another state than me. We haven't spoken on the phone in ten days. Which is common for my sufferer. Mine has blocked me before which was when he lived in my state. but unblocked me after he got space.

Oh God, yes! Agreed! I'm so sorry, Darlin. I feel your pain. I've seen so many others all over this board who have said the exact same things and I am one of them. It doesn't make it any easier when our guys disappear. We have all shed soooo many tears over them! And yet, we all keep coming back. When they are (mostly) healthy and whole, our men are amazing, caring, and charming. I guess it's human nature, especially for women - even though we know logically this is the pattern and they'll come back around eventually, we still miss them and wonder if there is something we can do to fix this. There isn't. They are sick and we just have to wait it out. It does seem to be during these times is when I too really figure out how much I love him and I've been a fool to think I am okay with being in the friend zone. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Stupid accurate cliches!

Stay busy. Stay positive. He still loves you and he'll be back to you soon.:hug:

It's been 18 days for me. But he broke it off in March. He continued to send a text every week, then every 2. The last time he texted he said he wanted to see me and he had a dream about me. Now silence. When we were dating 30 yrs ago he disappeared for over year and suddenly showed up on my doorstep. Wish I could give you some words of encouragement but I can't. I'm thinking its time to let it go, even though that kills me inside.

We actually didn't talk for six months. Before our last contact. Which was kind of my fault. I was having a hard winter. I have bi polar disorder and pre menstrual dysphoric disorder so I have a hard time in the winter. he probably was having a hard time too. He is so forgiving of my illness.

Wow in some ways I feel like there is hope but in others it's like do I want this life style. All I know is that if he were to come back I wouldn't have the heart to look away, he truly got in my heart and head like no other. So not fair, but I guess that's life.

Mine is also long distance...he's across a flippin ocean! Only spent 2 weeks with him in person, but they were the best 2 weeks of my life! Maybe one day I'll give up, seems like most of us have to make that decision one day, but I sure am not ready yet. I've got a lot of miles left in me.

We have all got it so bad! LOL

Though he blocked my number I can still email him. Do you all think I should send a message every so often or should I just let it be and wait it out. Sometimes I feel like he will forget me if I don't send a sign.

After we broke up I sent an email telling him how I felt. I told him I wouldn't contact him anymore, it's up to him but that I hoped to hear from him. I didn't think I would but he texted a week later. We dated on and off in our 20s for 2 years, we were long distance then too. We are flying distance now, in our 50s, but it's actually easier to see each other because we have money. In our 20s we didn't even have cars lol.

We reconnected on Facebook 8ish years ago, and romantically last year, after he told me he was getting divorced. We only saw each twice since then. I'd go see him tomorrow if he asked me to. When he asked in his last text if I had plans to be in town I told him I could make a trip down. He hasn't responded. Sigh.

I'm old now, just ended an unhappy marriage myself. I don't know if I can do this. I'm looking for some peace. What I want and what I'll get from him aren't the same. He knows it too. I wish I wasn't so damn attracted to him. I wish I could stop thinking about him every day. I wish I could go back to thinking with my head instead of my heart like I've done all my life. I wish a lot of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back