1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

It's ok to Feel! I Opened Up, and It Hurt, But Felt Good Also

Discussion in 'General' started by Eagle3, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle3

Eagle3 Well-Known Member

This weekend I found out that its ok to feel emotions (thanks folks!), so I let the barrier down and WHAM! too many hit at once. Cried myself to sleep and had to fight down a panic attack at school and work today. Now, I'm too exhausted from the effort to feel anything. But I know that that little step is a step in the right direction: I'm ready to face the feelings instead of ignore them or stuff them or refuse to feel anything. I have an appointment with the school counselor tomorrow...maybe now I can let her see more of what's really going on without pretending that everything is under control.

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to all for showing me that it's ok to have these feelings. :smile:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

Print off a copy of that post and keep it someplace where you can see it often... a huge gold star day for you!! Keep up the good work :claps:

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

That is a big step and ditto to what Boo said! You will find in time this will get easier for you. It will be a bitch, I don't want you mislead, but it does get easier in time. Congrats, every step is a huge one.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Eagle, I am glad you said, "its a step in the right direction", because that means you are thinking realistically and positively. It is most definately a step in the right direction, no debate there. Well done on your efforts, and I hope you continue that direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar