• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer I've Been Told...(new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrJr

New Here
This is very unusual for me but I will do my best.

I'm 31 years old, a wonderful wife and 3 loving children. Diagnosed with PTSD 2+ years ago. I have a fair amount of don'ts, do not fret, I will not list them all. I don't internet well, this is my first experience in a forum that i have ever attempted to participate with. I don't express myself emotionally in an appropriate manner, though I have worked tremendously hard to alleviate this difficulty, therapy and self evaluation. Art is my most comfortable space and even then I am filled with anger for myself. I don't find comfort in explaining to close friends and family that I am suffering, either that day or all together; it feels like I am passing my burdens onto them. I push them away from me regularly, I'd rather suffer alone without hurting anyone, emotionally.

I suffer, we suffer.

I needed to try something new before I, or she, divorce my wife and alienate my kids just so I can't affect them negatively anymore. I'm diagnosed and medicated but live in an area that doesn't have a lot of therapist options and I have already been through two therapists. one retired, the other I don't fully trust.

I would say that covers the basics of an introduction.

Welcome. We sound like we are a bit similar as far as where we are in life. I developed ptsd 2 years ago, am 30 years old, and have 3 children myself. Keep looking for a good therapist if you can, even if you have to travel a decent amount to get to one. The last 18 months of working with my current therapist (who is amazing at her job) has literally given me back a huge portion of my life. Emdr has probably been the biggest game changer for me, so if it isn't something you have tried before, I very much recommend it. I'm not going to lie, I thinking about leaving my family a lot too, because I still cannot function at the level I used to, and there are still a lot of bad days. Don't give up on therapy just yet though, there isn't any reason to continue hurting the way you do. No one deserves that. Hugs and welcome to the forum.

Welcome, it can sometimes help to get out of your comfort zone to a virtual space. Here we're just words on a page, but you have a secured account where you can talk about anything that's bothering behind the distance of a screen and the anonymity of a pseudonym.

If you still find it uncomfortable to type along, you can try a speech to text program and merely talk to us-some find it more natural rather than typing.

There are a lot of us here, sufferers and supporters, and sometimes know you're not alone can help.

thank you

I will being looking for a new therapist with more fervor now. The bad days have been coming on stronger and stronger. It is reminiscent of when I was first brought into therapy. I was struggling to function in everyday life, I just worked too hard for 2 years to back step so much and possibly lose what I hold so dear. It is helpful, grounding, to read that other individuals face and experience similar difficulties. thank you again.

This is very unusual for me but I will do my best.

I'm 31 years old, a wonderful wife and 3 loving chi...

Here is a really comforting and helpful book you and your wife can read that will help with perspective and understanding of some of what you may be experiencing. Wishing you the best.

Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A GUIDE AND MAP FOR RECOVERING FROM CHILDHOOD TRAUMA by Pete Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back