• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I've Got So Much Stress And Anxiety From My Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua4387

New Here
Last night, when I returned to my home after a great party with my friends, I was surprised by the white powder covering all over my apartment aisle and my house door. I was literally startled by those unexpected white, unknown powder covering all over my apartment and I was even scared at first if my house got burned while I was at the party. Got upset and concerned about those mess, I went to one of neighbors at my flat to ask if she/he knew what happened to the apartment. And, when I asked her, she suddenly yelled at me in Arabic and even swore at me like if she thought I was blaming her for all those mess. Then, as soon as that crazy bitch stopped yelling at me, my heart literally started to pound rapidly that I could not even stand straight on my feet; so I ran back to home, laid on bed, and instantly got recalled someone who bullied me so badly in high school.

I've been so much stress and anxiety since I got yelled by angry neighbor and I cannot stop thinking of my high school memories, mostly the negative ones. And I even feel like to revenge to the neighbor. Does anyone have a solution for such stress and anxiety?

And I even feel like to revenge to the neighbor.

Do not. It's not a situation revenge would get you anywhere, so it's useless to spend effort on it.

Does anyone have a solution for such stress and anxiety?

Focusing on myself & getting out of there, as soon as possible.

Venting the stress out meantime; I'm a lot visual & a lot kinetic, so it's as much exercise I can do any given time and watching things that calm me, and talking it out meantime.

We have several threads here on dealing with anger, both long term and letting out the steam immediately, gimme a sec I'll look.

My mind went political for a moment and now I'm back (regarding this issue). I too was bullied in high school too by a bunch of guys I wouldn't sleep with. Bullying in any way brings on triggers. I hate and loathe bullying in any context, any place and anywhere-I don't care what language and by whom. I would've called my property manager, taken pictures of the mess and have a talk with them. If the trail of white lead to their house, I would take pictures of that too. Have a report written and make sure you let your landlord know about the situation. Usually those who yell at you like this are guilty of the crime. Just take pictures and write a report. Don't tell them you have PTSD and make sure it's business, not personal (although we don't see it that way.)
If you have had clashes with this neighbor before, don't ever see them again. The safest way to get out of this situation is to be stronger than they are. If they used an Arabic language, I would've taken note. Cussing you out in another language is not only (okay this is what I'd do because I'm in Criminal Justice) uncouth but if it was in Arabic, ..... I had Arabic neighbors that brought cockroaches into my house because of their unclean way of living.
I'm not against Arabic people at all. I'm just on guard because of my schooling. Sorry if this offends anyone. It does not mean to.

I know from personal experience that this is extremely difficult, but try not to empower your neighbours by responding to their bullying. You might think of it as you behaving as an adult, while they are misbehaving two-year-old children. Simply by reacting to their behaviour, you acknowledge it. Try not to acknowledge their behaviour as being anything other than that of badly behaved old children.

Some foreign cultures are extremely expressive vocally, as in too loud, aggressive, and rude. Their reactions are aggressive. Their attitudes and behaviours don't fit into North American society, even though North American society has its own problems with violence and aggression. We are trying to become a more peaceful and progressive people, while they staunchly defend a more backwards and uncouth culture from their homelands... lack of women's rights, etc.. And if you're a woman, well, forget it. They won't respect a woman who speaks out.

My mind went political for a moment and now I'm back (regarding this issue). I too was bullied...
Enlighten me a little here because you are talking about an area in which I still have a lot to learn. I grew up in a different country and after moving to the U.S. have been harassed by guys constantly who seem to think that they have the right to have physical relations with me. This has resulted in such guys stalking me, harassing me and ridiculing me. I just saw in your post that you had to deal with that at school........ tell me: is that a normal occurrence here in the U.S.? To me this is totally foreign, and since many guys here seem to act that way I would like to find out how prevalent it is here? In my home country I have never had to deal with that.

Some foreign cultures are extremely expressive vocally, as in too loud, aggressive, and rude. Their....
I agree with you in most parts, yes, a lot of foreign cultures are loud and simply using the listener as their therapist - their “enemy,” actually. To me they sound like some kinds of animals compared with people who were born here.

I lived outside of the US for a long time (my first 20+ years), moved here in the late 1980s and sensed the culture shock right away at the airport even before started my new life in America. What I learned is that my "unusual" peaceful behavior can be useful only with people who are from here. Certain foreigners are a real pain (it's funny because I'm from somewhere else too) who will give you hard time and won't be considerate in life situations. They only focus on their momentary happiness or instant solution to a problem. Honesty? It's not in their dictionary. They don't try to be in your shoes, they won't listen to the other party like a good judge and even smile when seeing others to suffer. Should we call them a bunch of psychopaths?

Maybe it's too much to say, but they sound like and act like (with full body language), a classic narcissist psychopath. They are raising their voice, making horrible faces like animals then tactfully changing to some fake smile and trying to move into your brain and control you. Don't let them do that to you. Stay away! Choose a wise and quiet solution.

Of course, not all of them are like that. Some of them are intelligent, educated and care about others, but - unfortunately - we see a larger number of immigrants who got the "crazy genes," who're coming from abused situations and might never be able to be calm and peaceful nor respectful.

Actually all of us are from outside of the borders, if you really think about it. The main question is what type of society we created around here. People, lot of Europeans, arrived to this land gradually throughout the centuries, but somehow created a much kinder and respectful society than what we see in other places. Yes, it took a long time. I strongly believe it has to do something with the English language and how people "think in English," among many other important things.

I usually don’t announce I'm from a foreign country and most people never ask where I'm from, which - in some way - is a good sign, I think. Of course, they can hear my accent, but if we behave, show respect and use a pleasant voice people will fully accept us no matter what. For some it is easy to blend in, for others it takes practice and hard work after the initial culture shock, and for some it’s impossible to become a decent citizen. For those my message is: leave this beautiful land with your poison, we don’t want you.

Lastly: The most important thing is; don't let these interactions to trigger something from your past. Avoid any communication with them. These people have no idea what's happening to you when they act like animals. Again, if they can't behave they can leave for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back