1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Jekyl and Hyde - Lost Within Myself

Discussion in 'General' started by juls, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juls

juls Active Member

Sometimes I think I'm getting lost within myself and I don't want to be a part of the real world around me. Everything seems to set me off. I'm very focused and also very distractable. The smallest interruption may set me off and I feel out of control. I lash out at those around me and they are hurt--I don't know who I am anymore and just try to shrink within myself and make it through the day. I don't know what my reaction(s) might be, so I stay away from others as much as possible. I'm like Jekyl and Hyde. I can't explain it, but I know I'm not getting any better, and I'm tired of going in circles. It's very difficult hiding all one's inadequacies...exhausting...wish I could just be myself.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

juls,
    I can say that I know what you are talking about. When I started to read this I was wondering who that I know was on the forum using that screen name. Kind of eary realy how simmular our(we with PTSD) simptoms are.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

yeah, it almost feels like an out of body experience when you lose control. I feel like i'm watching myself completely lose it and can't do anything about it.. then i spend forever apologizing and trying to soothe some hurt feelings.. never good...

bec

Junebug likes this.
  5. FlyLadyFan

FlyLadyFan Member

Ditto.

FLF

6. mac

mac Active Member

Kind of eary realy how simmular our(we with PTSD) simptoms are.

Same here.

7. girlinabox

girlinabox New Member

Yep, I wake up feeling like this every day, terrified of other people (besides a unique few) and trying to control the screaming in my head at night. The only escape seems to be sleeping.

8. qagolf

qagolf New Member

A general noticed one of his soldiers behaving oddly. The soldier would pick up any piece of paper he found, frown and say: “That's not it” and put it down again. This went on for some time, until the general arranged to have the soldier psychologically tested. The psychologist concluded that the soldier was deranged, and wrote out his discharge from the army.
    The soldier picked it up, smiled and said: “That's it.

24discountgolf

Kim likes this.