• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Jerky Treats For Dogs Manufactured In China Causing Very Sick Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDee2ThreeDee

MyPTSD Pro
There currently is a caution out for doggy jerky treats.

[DLMURL="http://www.nbcnews.com/health/3-big-brands-may-be-tied-chicken-jerky-illness-dogs-420251?franchiseSlug=healthmain"]*[/DLMURL]**Look below for up to date links***

Hope no one is affected by this

Last edited:
I wish they would name them. Basically anything jerky is something to be cautious giving. My dogs like those treats. The cnn article says animals don't need treats toward the end of the article, and I told my animals that but they just looked at the treat jar.

No jerky for them. A friend and I passed the cnn article around on facebook. Hopefully people are paying attention. Said some cats also got sick.

Thank you for sharing this!

Natural is better! As in home made.

I make peanut butter dog bones around the holidays and give them to friends with dogs. My dog has been "trained" to love eating veggies. I grow certain plants just for her, but she still steals other veggies from the garden!

Sorry to all those affected. Anything food from china is generally a bad idea. They don't have the same standards as in the US.

My golden gets in the mood for green peppers for some reason. I try not to give her too many treats but I'm not too great in the kitchen. Poor doggy! Love will have to be enough.

Buddy loves veggies. I did make them homemade treats, but I also like the treats that keep their teeth and gums clean. I'm going to make sure they don't say china.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back