• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Job/life anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having difficulties with a new job and managing symptoms. I recently started at a call center. Some of the callers can get kind of nasty very quickly. 2 in particular really triggered me yesterday. I can be kind of quiet sometimes, and shy, and a couple callers have no patience for it. When a few do yell it triggered anxiety really bad, and I haven't been able to completely shake the anxiety all day. On top of that I got a little off on my med schedule, and today has just been completely overwhelming. I really really want to quit the job, but I have a new baby on the way, and I don't know where I could go from there.

It's also not the first time being quiet and shy has gotten in my way at work. Sometimes I'm quiet because I depersonalize. Employers in the past have thought I was miserable and uninterested, which was not the case. I was doing well at one job, but it was on call, and I would be sent home for weeks at a time, and couldn't afford it any more.

Getting a bit off topic. Main point of the thread is I'm incredibly anxious about doing my job, and have an incredible urge to quit, but my wife is pregnant.

I am sorry I don't have any advise for you. But I understand all of what you are saying. I am also quiet and shy. I hate my job and want to leave. I feel sick each morning when I go into work. It really sux.

Main point of the thread is I'm incredibly anxious about doing my job, and have an incredible urge to quit, but my wife is pregnant.

@Abbynormal same thing here. I hate the work. I am sorry that you have to deal with this, and I understand well how it is to wake up everyday to go to a job that one actually hates.
I am doing this since a couple of years and now I cannot take it anymore!!! My T said to always keep in mind that if things do get worse I CAN ALWAYS go!!! I know easily said than done, I need another one because I need an income! Simple as that! Its just that I dont have any motivation at all! Nada. None!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back