1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just Another Newbie - Like The Honesty of the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by darkskies, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkskies

darkskies Active Member

hi just joined and feeling overwhelmed by it! Am fighting the urge to completely ignore and dissasociate myself from the situation and once agan i am totally caught off guard by my emotions/re-actions to any situation that isn't planned for and rehersed before-hand in my mind- talk about in-flexible! Guess that's the ptsd exploding out.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and to also say thank you for talking honestly. it's nice to be able to just be, and not have to hide ptsd and all nutty stuff that goes with it. Happy healing to all :crazy-eye

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. darkskies

darkskies Active Member

hello, now thats a statment and a half! it can't be easy living with a ptsd person, how u doing?

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome darkskies,

Glad you did join and say hello. Even now, if I join a new community, its always a bit nerve racking finding your feet, getting comfortable and feeling part of a community. I understand how hard it is to just make that first step, especially taking something like PTSD so public as we do here.

Its great to have you, and I really look forward to chatting with you more.

5. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome aboard, Darkskies. Glad you're here!:smile:

6. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Welcome Darkskies - pull up a seat and chat with us awhile!

7. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

So glad you're here Darkskies! It is really nice to have a place to come and chat or just listen. Knowing that you are not alone is so valuable.

I'll have to look it up again, it's written about in one of the books I have about PTSD, but the mood swings from Anxiety to Aggression are very common (and most taxing on our relationships.) I still have them and haven't figured out how to balance the tide yet, but knowing that is is "normal" helps make me feel less like an out of control freak LOL!
    ~Boo-Damphir

8. purdyamos

purdyamos Active Member

Hello darkskies! Don't worry at all about how you get it off your chest. We've all been there and can empathise. Settle in and make yourself comfortable.

9. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Welcome Darkskies :)

10. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Welcome Darkskies, this is a good place to vent...really :)