1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just Checking Things Out... PTSD From Abuse and Suicides

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by evarista, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evarista

evarista New Member

I am interested in conversations with others who understand PTSD. I was miss dianosed years ago. Finally after spending five years working with a well informed pyschologist( who moved away two years ago) he was able to convince others in the know that PTSD was the reason for the episodes of major depression. The experiences leading to this disorder ( sexual abuse as a young child, severe physical & emotional abuse growing up, the suicides of my brother 96 & sister 98) seem to be part of the reason I have relationship issues. Does anyone have any input? boy does this sound like I am a major victum !

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Not sure what input you are looking for, but we all here certainly know how it feels. Welcome to the forum.

4. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hi, welcome to the forum.

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.....Hope that you enjoy the site, and find the info useful.

Wendy

6. sherri

sherri New Member

Hi I am sherri. I was diagnosed 11 years ago. I have had it since I was a child and as I grew up it got worse from some of the things you have mentioned. I went through the sexual and physical abuse and 3 of my friends committed suicide including my step father. He was a vietnam vet. I witnessed my father do some violent things and also lost my fiance after a motorcycle accident. This is my first time on this site so I am learning. Your message sounded alot like something I can relate to. All I can tell you for now is educate yourself as much as you can. Once you know what it is and all the details, you can begin to try and cope better. I wish I could say there is a cure but I can't. The degree of it varies with people, so I think this site may help us if we know what others are going through. Maybe we can keep in touch. God bless

7. sherri

sherri New Member

That was to evarista or anyone who can relate....thanks, sherri

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi evarista... no, your not a victim (derogatory stereotype). Its sad that two of your family had to die in order for someone to take notice though, that is the depressing part of the medical industry today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar