1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just Diagnosed With PTSD 7yrs After SIDS Baby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tara, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara

Tara New Member

Hi,
    I have never done one of these before, but I was just diagnosed with PTSD. I have suffered a few traumatic things, but when my first baby dies from SIDS 7 years ago in February, I think I developed PTSD. After all of this time I am mostly pissed off. I can not remember many of the details of the day that he died and the days following. I can not feel those feelings. I have a wonderful new husband and two beautiful little boys, but have a hard time sleeping and have horrible nightmares. I feel emotionally numb alot of the time. I am trying very hard to be a good wife and mother, but sometimes I do not feel in control of my emotions. Sometimes I just want to hide in my bed and cry my eyes out, but am unable to cry. I was 20 when I found out that I was pregnant...unplanned...semi abusive boyfriend. Jonah was born Jan 15, 2000. He died Feb 11, 2000 from SIDS. I found him and did cpr, etc. I am going to a counselor who said that I need to tell my story over and over until I can tell it without physically freezing and shaking. I will try to tell my story later, as I have run out of time and need to get my boys (ages 3 & 2 and healthy!)

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome Tara..

You will find tons of information and support here.

bec

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum and I hope you can find help you need here to help you heal.

5. kimdim

kimdim Member

Welcome to the forum Tara
    Hugs:hello:

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, tara. i think the loss of a child is the worst loss you can have. i am sorry you had to go through it.
    cathy

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Tara, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your loss. There is certainly no shortage of information on PTSD and its symptoms here, so dig in, read, post as you feel comfortable, and I look forward to chatting with you more.

8. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Tara. I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forum. I hope to get to know you! :smile:

9. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Tara, welcome to the forum. Hope we can all help you here.
    Scott:hello:

10. Miander

Miander Active Member

Glad you're here

Hi Tara - I don't think I could imagine a more traumatic event than trying to save your baby's life. It is really great that you were able to start a new life and family, but you will have to go through some work with yourself to get through the PTSD. I am a mom to twin 2 & 1/2 yr old girls and a 10 month old girl, so I can really relate to the desire to want to stay in bed sometimes, but you just can't! I too worry about being a good mommy but sometimes I feel like my symptoms are more than I can deal with. I just wanted to tell you welcome and we are here for you :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar