1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just had an OMG Event

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I don't know if any of you guys know this but my daughter has been missing 12 years. I have had no idea where she was or even if she was still alive! She was raised by my diseases, not me and because of that she would have nothing to do with me. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think of her and wonder if she is OK or if she is hungry, or even aliver! This is a source of great pain and guilt for me, and I blame myself. Guess I always will.

Tonight the phone rang about 8 and the person on the other end of the phone was my daughter! ! ! ! Talk about an OMG moment. I sort of sat on/fell to the floor in a pile of tears. My daughter, Lori, was in tears and she scared me to death. In the blink of an eye thoughts raced through my mind as to what the problem could possibly be. But I could not have been more wrong.

My daughter called to tell me how sorry she was for cutting me out of her life and robbing me of the joy of her wedding and the birth of her baby! Yes, I said a baby! I am a grandmother. My baby had a baby!. With the birth of her baby, Lori now realizes just how much pain she has really caused me. NOW she now knows how much I love her and how much I have missed her.

Lori said that she has very angry at me for a long time, but through therapy she discovered that she was not actually angry with me but instead was embarrassed and ashamed over events and situations she had gotten into.

If there was ever a story to reinforce the importance of communication this is one. Her pride kept her away from her family. She was alone, scared and in trouble with no one to turn to.

My daughter has come home to me with her life intact. She is happy, healthy and settled down. She has a wonderful husband, great in-laws and a beautiful new baby. We talked for hours and cried for almost that long too. The one thing that has stuck with me about all this is how she kept telling me how sorry she was for cutting me out of her life.

I have my daughter back in my life AND my first grandbaby!! OMG______________________________
    What a Christmas present! Early though it may be what a gift. I am numb and can barely breath. I am in shock! I don't think all this has really sunk in yet. But when it does OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile guys, good things can happen This is proof! I had finally adjust to the fact that I would never see her again. My reality was that my daughter was gone. Not knowing is hell. Your mind plays all types of senerios and you can drive yourself crazy real quick.

Miracles do happen! Pray does help! Faith makes a difference. My mom has proven that. She never gave up hope and had faith that Lori would come back. My mom prayed faithfully for the safe return of my daughter.

OMG---- MY DAUGHTER HAS COME BACK TO ME! ! ! ! ! !

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Herc, this is great news (I had no idea about your daughter.) I'm very happy for you!

bec

4. Sapper

Sapper Active Member

Wow.. great Christmas present is right! I don't know you, but I'm very stoked for you. My little sister disappeared for 5 years and when we were reunited with her it was awesome. I still remember how happy my parents were. Really happy for you, enjoy your grandchild!

5. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

How happy I am for you.... OMG how wonderful to have your daughter, a grand baby and a Son in Law all in one package. Oh Herc........

I wish all of you the best. I wish and will keep you in my prayers that life is wonderful and that you have the best times together......Enjoy!!!!!!

I hope too that you get to see them all very soon.....

Merry Christmas!!! What a truly wonderful present!!!!!!

6. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

wow, what a great gift. I'm really happy for you.

7. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Well, I've had a ?good nights sleep? and still can't believe that this has all really happened to me. I've prayed, I've begged, and I've even made bargins with God to just let me know she was OK. Just hearing the my daughter was alive and OK would have been more than I could have ever wished for. But this! I am still numb and not even sure it happened.

All I can say is OMG over and over and then I start to cry. I can't concentrate or think. I just sit and stare into space with my mind wondering.

I HAVE MY DAUGHTER BACK AND SHE HAS GIVEN ME A GRANDDAUGHTER OMG!!!

8. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Herc,

Congratulations Grandma! I am so happy that this happened for you - a son in law, a grandaughter, and a fresh start with your daughter - has to be the best gift someone could get!

Zoe

9. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Oh wow... it is SO nice to hear something good happening to someone. Wow... I filled up reading that. I'm so happy for you... !

10. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

I'm so happy for you, Herc. That's so wonderful.

11. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

So Herc.......

Are you Ok now or are you still at the OMG stage???? LOL!!! I am so excited for you.... I have questions...

So how old is the grand baby, and when are you all going to get together?????? WOW!!!! This is so exciting for you....

Hugs

12. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Wow Herc that is really awesome, I'm so happy for you!

13. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

That's absolutely wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you, your daughter and your mother!

Congrats, grandma!

This is the best news.

Lisa