1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just Joined - Mother Murdered

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gradon, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gradon

Gradon New Member

Hello all. I found this site by chance, and it seems like a good place.

In 1984, my mother was murdered by my stepfather. I was seven. I went to live with my uncle, but he put me in a pediatric mental hospital and gave me up to the state when I assaulted his son. That was when I first diagnosed with PTSD. After several months in the hospital, I spent time in foster care, was adopted, and seemed to live a normal life. But there was always something, well, wrong.

Over time, things have gotten better, then worse, then better, and on and on. Over the past several months, they've gotten BAD. After a failed marriage, extreme financial problems, another failed relationship, severe suicidal thoughts, a few superficial wrist cuts, and several days in an unlocked facility, I am realizing that I need to do something. The only problem is, I have no idea what to do.

So that brings me to here. Thanks for having me.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

glad to have you Gradon and welcome to the forum.

Have a look around and make yourself comfortable.

bec

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Gradon, welcome to the forum. There is certainly plenty of knowledge here, so some deep reading no doubt. Jump in and wet your feet, so to speak. Learning about ourselves is the biggest task at hand, because nobody likes to dig within themselves, fearing what we just might find. Its a painful process, but well worth the effort considering the options by not doing so.

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, gradon
    cathy

6. Lee

Lee Member

Welcome Gradon. May this be the first day of the best of your life....to look forward to with joy and let your sorrow and suffering end.
    XXX

7. Gradon

Gradon New Member

Hi everyone. Thank you for the warm welcome, and the kind words.

8. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Gradon, this is a great place to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar