• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Just Sing Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to add in this thread that I may have a big talk about this, but it's not like it doesn't effect me. I will only sing around people I feel completely and totally safe with. I'm thinking now, and I'd say that's three or maybe four people. When I recorded "Business" above and spoke at the beginning, I was shaking so badly I thought I would drop the phone (which is playing music).

However, my fear is outweighed by how good it feels to sing and share that in the hopes that others will also sing. That's why I started with Amanda Palmer's "Sing" by The Dresden Dolls; it is a tribute to asking people not to be afraid to sing. I'll tell you, whenever I've seen them perform this in concert, they drag a bunch of people up on stage to sing the background. They seek out a range of people, but I have noticed the majority look the most reluctant, including parents accompanying their teens. By the end of the song, though, they are all smiling while they sing.

Man, @Simply Simon I'm trying to post something here for you, but everything imaginable is going wrong. Flash Player update, weird static every time I tried to use SpeakPipe, then my headset up and died on me!!
But I did just get a singsnap recording to work. It's not like, my favorite song or anything. Actually I am more an anti-Maroon 5 fan, except obviously not because I always liked this one. Also, I have no idea why they have the lyrics wrong or why I would follow obviously wrong lyrics, but whatever. So you won't be alone here-- (hopefully the link works)
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/22213823?mixed=1

Ignore the weird name and dog picture. I created a new account last month because the other one was attached to facebook and was making me paranoid, bahaha, I know that's crazy, so I just threw random shit up.

I don't know if the band remade it in English. I don't think so, they mostly perform in German or in some cases even in French, Swedish and Latin (for medieval songs). If you wish to, I can at least write a translation tomorrow. Have to go to bed now - gotta work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back