1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just Trying To Keep Going - Fighting Anxiety

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Hypervigilance' started by ranger2_75, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

Hello all. I just wanted to say Hi since it had been a while since I posted. I've been extremely uptighte lately and just fighting my anxiety. Dr. say they cant see any thing after an MRI. So I guess I'm fighting pain from my mind. Maybe I need to be hipnotized...I don't know. I just dont see whats so damned hard about finding whats screwed up in my back and fixing it.:dont-know I just feel like running down the road with my hands in the air screaming "What the hell next?" :stupid: I guess I shouldn't though the VA has already killed me once(took 3 months too straighten out) and lost my med file(8 years ago and its still gone). Who knows what they will do next? My god cant it just end?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

Keep your chin up ranger2 .You know they arent as smart ,as they think they are. Hope the school thing is going well. From the great white north....mj

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hang in there, ranger.

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Put one foot in front of the other, and I'll walk with you.. keep going...

bec

6. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

Take a deep breath and remember that you have friends you don't know who are wondering the same things about this life experience. Then grit your teeth and take more steps forward. Your path is right there under the overgrown weeds, you just have to kick them aside to see and follow it.

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Ranger don't hold your breath on those MRIs as to is your pain real or not. I know I feel pains that I have no reason to have except the injuries to start it. And my daddy had the file lost by the VA when his back was broke when he was shot down, VA is a joke with files.

I am sure it is very frustrating to be told they cannot find why you have the pain. It is normal for PTSD. It is normal to have the pain and no way to "see" it. It is real and there. No wonder your anxiety level is up. Just know you are in good company here who understands it is still there and very real. Just one of those PTSD perks... Keep in touch on here, we get it.

8. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

you can make it Ranger i I am sorry that you hurt so bad but keep going they will find an answer for you eventually , we are all here with you Take Care my friend -Mouse

9. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

Thank you all. I realy do apreciate all your suport.

10. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

ranger: it took around 15 years for them to find out what was wrong with my back.. they kept telling me it was all in my head until my back started swelling up.. turns out it's not my back but my hips.. they like to dislocate about every third step.. not much they can do.. but at least I know what not to do now and can manage my own pain without major medications.. They can't find out what is wrong because they are not gods and just refuse to admit it.. while waiting for them to figure it out.. start looking at what reduces or manages the pain. If a lack of sleep makes it worse then you know you need to work on a regular sleeping pattern (ohhh so much hard to do than say eh?), perhaps there are certain stretches that help, chiropractor, massages etc.. start focusing on this.. it's trail and error but you'll get farther looking at this aspect than trying to figure out what's wrong..

bec

11. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Pain and PTSD are double edged swords. One causes the other to get worse. We feel ya buddy.

12. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

this anxiety rap sucks

:cussing: I'm startin to feel like this crap is gettin the best of me. I've spent the last week bitting my toungue at almost every coment any one makes, so that I don't come unglued and fly off the handle like I did tonight. My step daughter made a coment that she knows will infuriate me :naughty: any time that it is made by any one, I got pissed and left. Drove around about an hour and came back home and made some more coments that didn't help:poke: and then it took a little while for things to calm down. Well this whole thing shouldn't have happened, I know because I faught for each American to be able to voice their own opinion, no mater how wrong it is. The comment that was made use to be a trigger so considering I think I didn't do too bad. So I am wondering if any of you can tell me if there are any kind of medications to help?:drugs: I hate all the meds but I need something especialy if I am going to school this semester and graduate. I also want to know what some of you do to eleiviate you anxiety? truely anger caused by frustration and anxiety are the only things I am fighting with right now; thats prety good for me.I wish it was as easy as...... :die:

13. hannah

hannah Active Member

Hi Ranger - Come on see the good in your last post -
    you knew you triggered -
    you know what triggered
    you took yourself for a time out
    and you acknowledged yourself - "thats pretty good for me"

you are looking to the future - school and graduating.

See the good.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar