1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Just Weird - Hubs and Ex Sleeping Under The Same Roof

Discussion in 'General' started by permban0077, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I am at ex's along with hubs... Very uncomfrtable and I am worn out as it is 3:30. I can't do the hot tub as I have to go through ex's room to get to it but I just feel weird laying down next to hubs too. I will most likely do the couch but I hate feeling so funky and out in this spot!! Why is my house packed and my van broke down NOW tonight? And why if I need something I wake ex? I know he won't get mad like hubs... Yes woke him to go to store for smokes. This is messed up.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Please try to take it easy

please try to relax. i don't know what to say, as i have never been in a situation like that. But, please try to stay calm and go for a walk or something if it starts to feel TOO weird.

I'm listening.

Josh

4. permban0077

Thanks Josh... They just left together to go buy a late breakfast... My head is killing me. I tried to lay with hubs but he poked and jabbed too much so "slept" on sofa and damn my neck is in knots from it and a horrible headache. And my anicin is packed too... dammit.

And all my toiletries were in a bag in the van so I can shower... but no tooth brush, deodorant... UGH So I am just fresh as roses here LOL!

I just wish this move to be over with and waiting on them to have a lift open to get my van on... Hubs is a mechanic but his tools and tool box were the FIRST things put in the moving truck so we would have to completely unpack it to get to it for him to fix. So it would take longer than this shop.

Someone wake me when this is over!!

I mean murphy's law is one thing but this is getting flipping stupid!!! I SWEAR I will not ask what next...

5. jade

jade Active Member

I can understand the stresses of moving having move about 10 times in the last 6 years. Mostly due to hub though. Its easy to say that it will all work out in the end. Just try and take it easy and one step at a time and it will be over before you know it. My thoughts are with you.

6. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

I can understand that veiled if i poke and jab the wife to much i have to sleep on the sofa to (whats with that) but she ends up with the headache.

7. permban0077

ARGHHHH.... I knew my trsmission messed up but now I need a whole new one!! $2000 extra down the drain. Hubs is leaving tonight with the kids and the moving truck and I have to stay a few more days at ex's until my van is done and make the trip alone. I am NOT looking forward to that. SO I get to stay at my exs as I have no heat or A/C at home, fridge, oven... Nada at my house except carpet. I am going to be a basket case. This is working out so smoothly.

Well this should prove most interesting to say the least... This shit is starting to not be funny anymore.

8. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

veiled,
    If it gets too crazy:crazy: over there, then just keep posting. I'll be on the forum every morning during the next week (as will other people, too, i expect). So if you need to vent, we're here.
    Your move got me thinking... the last time i moved was around when my wife died. i just left everything behind (furniture and all) and just started over:walking: !! My ex-roomate got a HUGE bill from the landlord for removal of all of our shit!! We just left everything behind... and that's what i've been doing with all of the memories of life before she died and when she died... just left them back at the apartment and then the motel where i stayed in between. That's where she died... at the motel.
    I'm sorry, but i just thought that if i shared my experience, it would maybe help take your mind off of your current problems and/or give you something to read.

God Bless you,
    Josh

9. permban0077

Thanks Josh, I have been up all night it is about 8 AM... I do NOT want to be at my ex's, I do not want to spend the extra cash, I do not want to leave my farm... And sure as shit do not want to do the drive alone. Cranky ai guess... Damn this sucks...

10. permban0077

Oh and crazy is a whole new meaning

11. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Hang in there veiled. Moving sucks...

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Did you ever ask hubs exactly what he feels being under the same roof? Does he have some jealousy or spite within him over you asking ex to do things opposed to himself? Does he feel as though you give more time to ex than to him?

Also.... ex isn't moving at the moment, hubs is, hence increased stress. It doesn't matter who it is, moving creates stress for everyone involved.

13. permban0077

They actually get along great, if ex would come by around supper time hubs would insist he stay and eat... They are actually pretty tight (weird). Been like this for years. So never asked... Those two were running around

No, he seems happy I don't bug him (hubs). I knew if I had woke up hubs he would have yelled and stayed pissed - experience talking on that one. Ex knows he contributed so he is pretty quick to do what ever I need or want.

Yack. At least they made it to Kansas and only about 15 miles left, so they should be there in about 20 minutes. He said his mom has supper waiting for them. Glad are all there safe and sound... Get my car tomorrow I hope and try this myself...

Mean time it still sucks here.