1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Keeping up my Guard - Doing Well

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh77, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Hello, everybody!! I hope everyone is well!! I am doing very well right now; i am fairly calm; i am sleeping fairly well (NO NIGHTMARES...yay!!); no panic attacks, BUT i know that i have to keep my guard up because it is when i'm doing well that i forget to look out for the signs of me slipping back into despair. the nightmares and panic attacks blindside me like a runaway train! It seems to come out of left field! So now i am staying alert to the warning signs, so that i can stay out of the hospital and stay mentally healthy... and i just wanted to thank everyone here for their help and support... it is very much appreciated...

Stay healthy and God bless,
    Joshua:thumbs-up

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Great news Josh, and well done. Don't beat yourself up though if you relapse, because you will, have no doubt about it. Even if you do recognise it, acknowledge it for what it is, what it means, and learn how to process it and then come back out. You do that, you will have it down to a fine art and your relapse times will get progressively less each time, providing you continue identifying the causes and finding realistic solutions.

Obviously your applying the techniques and skills that work best for you, and that is whats important. Well done Josh... and great work.

4. opabob

opabob New Member

Hey Josh:

I learned the hard way that I always have to keep my guard up. I always have this "low level" anxiety / chest tightness thing going. It's always there and I just deal with it. Then all of a sudden a few weeks back I get this attack like I'm really really afraid of something that's about to happen. The super chest tightness lasted about a week before it moved into my thoat and neck. Then my increased meds started kicking in and I was back to "normal" after about two weeks. NOT FUN!!!

A friend of mine told me that I should learn "Progressive Relaxation", but I think any relaxation technique will help as I really don't use anything right now except my meds.

Keep up the good work Josh. We're praying for you.

Bob

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You are doing great Josh, keep up the work keeping you well.

6. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Bob,
    Please tell me more about this "Progressive Relaxation"... i am very interested!!:think:

God bless,
    Josh

7. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Thank you so much... everyone here is great!!

8. opabob

opabob New Member

Progressive Relaxation

Josh:

Sorry it took me a few days to get back with you on this. Following is part of an email between Darcie and myself. Read the whole thing and check out the links I sent Darcie, especially that first link.