• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Kill Shot - Mitch Rapp #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Mitch Rapp has been steadily working his way through a list of the men responsible for the slaughter of 270 civilians including his own girlfriend in the Pan Am Lockerbie bombing - bullet by bullet. His next target - a Libyan diplomat - should be easy. Prone to drink and currently in Paris without a bodyguard, Rapp quickly tracks the man down and sends a bullet into his skull while he's sleeping. But in the split second it takes the bullet to leave the silenced pistol, everything changes. The door to the hotel room is kicked open and gunfire erupts all around Rapp. When the news breaks that Libya's Oil Minister has been killed along with three innocent civilians and four unidentified men, the French authorities are certain that the gunman is wounded and still on the loose in Paris. As the finger-pointing begins, Rapp's handlers have only one choice - deny any responsibility for the incident and race to do damage control. Rapp has become a liability, and he must not be taken alive by the French authorities. But alone in Paris, on the run from the authorities and from his own employers, Mitch Rapp must prepare to fight for his life.

I have to say, this is one of the better books I've read. Explosive, twists and turns, dynamic and a real page turner. I got it Saturday and finished it Thursday. I would have finished it earlier if I didn't have other things going on in life. From when I started reading it Saturday, I wanted to just keep going, but got the naughty look from my lovely wife to pay her attention. :coffee:

I was completely engrossed in the book from start to finish. It was way better than watching this type of action on a movie... and besides that, it takes much longer to read the book, thus the enjoyment prolongs beyond a movie.

I thought Rapp was a goner at some points, then twists and turns, and bam... he squares things up right at the end. I thought he was seriously going to be on the CIA's hit list to be wiped out.

I loved it... every moment of the book. Now I have to go lookup the author as apparently his prior books are just as good... action packed.

It actually gave me an inference to an aspect of sociopathic behaviour, that I went and got some info from a mate who is within intelligence about unclassified prior studies.

And even worse... I just realised there are actually 12 books in this series. Luckily, his latest book is #2 in the order of the stories series... so only one to read prior about previous knowledge on how he got to where he was.

That leaves me 10 more to read with anticipation of Mitch Rapp... even though they're older books, good for me coming across Vince Flynn so late. :D

I could use a distraction right now... just picked up Memorial Day - the first book in the series.

Looking forward to it!

You might want to have a look at: Link Removed for the chronological order versus the released date order.

After discovering Kill Shot, I then began at the chronological beginning which certainly allowed me to keep with the timeline over each book of who is coming and going.

Oh, thanks! Authors! Why do they have to be so tricky like that...

Still, the question I always have to wonder - what order were they written in? Sometimes they're published out of order, sometimes they're written out of chronological order which matters to me...

Memorial Day certainly doesn't seem like the beginning of the story...

It tells you on that list by the published date. The first book was Transfer of Power. Kill Shot was actually the 12th book, though is the second in chronological order. The Last Man is released later this year which as the then current book, also puts the storyline back to the present as well.

Ohhh... can you tell me how that one goes please? I have read it wasn't as good, being his first ever book and all... though I am curious whether to read it or not.

I just 'found' a copy of Kill Shot in the office. I know it is book 2, but will I miss out by not starting with American Assasin?

Nope, each book actually explains the important points needed, so you can pickup any book and read as a complete story. Reading the other books simply outlines the complete picture. They weren't written in chronological order... and I've found reading them in chronological order has shown a couple of minor discrepancies with the storyline, but nothing major. It was purely because I have been reading them one after another that I picked them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back