• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Lack of Participation by Carers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh of course, I should have thought about the separation. Not sure why that slipped my mind, but you are likely correct, Anthony.

I am honoured to have you consider me for a moderator or other such things. I would be pleased to devote some time daily to such an endeavour. Only I fear I am not a computer expert by any means, is it very difficult? I would be more than willing to learn however. So yes, I happily accept if there is something you feel I am capable of doing.

Errr.. Anthony, that is when it took the dive. I did not want to say it, but it was so. I assumed others were like me wondering when someone would state the obvious, like the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring. People move on. Life and relationships change. I only was surprised it crashed in here so hard.

I know my hubs tries to make time but considering the ungodly hours that man works to come home to me and crazy kids... When he does sit still for a few minutes I hear snoring. I refuse to wake the poor guy. Except to relocate to bed. Plus he is teaching a teen to drive (eeekk) Thank goodness it is light out here until after 9 PM. Him relocating to Kansas is kicking his ass.

Errr. Nicolette, you don't wanna hear from my husband, or is it I don't want him to vent? LOL. But it is good to have you on board. And I agree Kathy would be good. There does need to be an active area to vent about us. We sure don't want to hear it :P

Hmmmmmm.... not sure why that wasn't mentioned veiled, like as we all know, its the obvious I believe. I don't know if it was really Kerrie's input, but more mine, as so much of my life has been consumed with the change the last few months, I haven't been around her myself. Like anything, when I suddenly began posting vigorously again, traffic soured back into the site. Dangerous stuff IMHO... lucky the pressure doesn't get to me I guess. It is the obvious, and I notice the changes throughout the forum as I have not been around, but people must learn IMHO to continue working on themselves without my help or support, they must learn the reality that no one, two or more persons will constantly be their to hold their hand and guide them, and they must take action themselves.

I did notice a lot of people doing this though, the people who are quite within their healing process already, continue their great work and not only helping themselves, though others, whilst I have been a lesser participant here. Slowly I am getting more back into here, its not just seperation though, but more I have some hobbies which I am currently putting some much needed time as I have avoided them because of the forum, so now I have to do some upgrades, fix other things, improve and so forth with is all time consuming, especially web related hobbies.

The last couple of weeks went into a directory list I run, upgrading and redesigning the site with improved features, options, etc. I have others to achieve yet also... one will take a great deal of my time, though trying to mix myself between everything at once. Not always the best option... but my only option at present to please others and myself.

Errr. Nicolette, you don't wanna hear from my husband, or is it I don't want him to vent? LOL. But it is good to have you on board. And I agree Kathy would be good. There does need to be an active area to vent about us. We sure don't want to hear it :P

:think: Ummm, I don't think you've told me your husband's name veiled.....LOL
Thanks for the welcome and I think the venting process may possibly be a two way street ;-P

people must learn IMHO to continue working on themselves without my help or support, they must learn the reality that no one, two or more persons will constantly be their to hold their hand and guide them, and they must take action themselves.

Very true Anthony, and important not only here upon this forum but in "real life" as well. Even among family or spouse, there is no one "magical" person who is able to be there for another constantly, and solve all of their problems. To believe so is a form of dependency.

I would like to be able to discuss things in my dealings with Bec without her knowing until I can get a handle on it. unfortunatley have not been approved for it as of yet

Oh? I did approve you yesterday Cole, and I noticed just now you have posted in the Private Area. Unless you figured it out after posting here? I hope so. If you're still having troubles let me know.

Thank you Kathy for your kick up our bums to get us going again! :)

I would also like to thank you for your time as our new editor. I'm sure you will enjoy the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back