1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamictal And Celexa

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by Javagoat, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Javagoat

Javagoat Member

2. Ayesha

Ayesha Beautiful Disaster Staff Member Premium Member

I take lamictal, its a mood stabilizers and also used to help with seizures.

I have never had any problems with it, and I notice a different when I don't take it for a days.
    Froggie likes this.
  3. Froggie

Froggie When it seems impossible, the possible happens

I've been on celexa for at least 3 years and helped stabilize my depression. It worked better when the psychiatrist added abilify. This greatly helped the flashbacks and nightmares - oufff what a relieve. That combination of meds + therapy has opened up the road of empowerment for me. I can now handle those flashbacks and nightmares with less anxiety.
  4. Sammy

Sammy dog mom Premium Member

The Celexa + Lamictal combination didn't work for me. I can manage the Celexa but when we added the Lamictal, I became severely depressed - crying all the time. It was not good. As soon as we started the weaning off process, I was better.

Meds are so personal - what works for one doesn't for another. It is kind of a trial and error. Everyone responds differently. My current cocktail is Celexa, Ativan and Ambien. I hate taking them but if the keep me from freaking out and keep me calm enough to actually address the issues, I'll take them. The goal is to work through the crap and come out the other side knowing my limits and moving forward. What does your instinct tell you??

Good luck.