• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lamictal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolette730

New Here
I’ve been looking for a place where this information would be helpful I think I finally found it.

I was taking Lamictal Seroquel and Ativan Simultaneously

50mg Lamictal going up 12.5 a week
25mg of Seroquel
1mg Ativan as needed

My Psych wanted to up my Seroquel to 75mg the next day after upping the Seroquel I woke up nauseous with a pounding head ache (thought it was way too much Seroquel) ended up not going to work the next day Monday)

Went to work Tuesday but had to leave mid-day by the time I got home my temperature was 104.6 started looking on line and saw that there was a tiny risk of meningitis with use of Lemictal.

Ended up in the ER when the fever wouldn’t break The Doctors kept telling me they did not think I had meningitis and the likely hood was very low so after a battery of tests and a spinal tap I discharged myself from the hospital just to have them call 2 hours later and tell me that I needed to be admitted and I have meningitis.

According to my psych in 15 years there had been 40 reported cases of Aseptic meningitis associated with the drug.

But the reality is that many people probably just think that they have the flu or a migraine
I wanted everyone to be aware of this and please if you have any symptoms of meningitis go to the hospital and don’t let them tell you no!
As soon as I stopped taking the Lamictal I started feeling better the bad part of this is I thought it was the sudden up in Seroquel that made me sick so I stopped taking that and continued with the Lamictal which seems to have damaged my platelets :-/
I have now cut out Lamictal and continue with 75mgs of Seroquel and Ativan

Best Wishes everyone
xoxo

I was just the opposite. Seroquil made me angrier, paranoid and very suicidal........it seems nothing is working and the only other choice is lock down mental hospital which is totally unacceptable

A Psych Doc in a seperate military program wants me to try Lamictal / Lamotrigine .
I've heard nothing but bad things about this drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back