• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Lazyness Vs. Perfectionism

• Thread starter Deleted member 28812
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've got another one...

When I took pictures of Tater, as in planned posed pics in front of some pretty scenery, he would always stand straight up, hands by his side, turned a bit to the side, chin raised, straight faced, and looking off into the distance! LOL!!! After this happened several times (and they are great pictures) I started teasing him about it, he laughed. Later when I'd ask him to look at the camera and smile, he would, but the former was clearly his default position.

Do your veterans do that?

Yup - pretty much. He will pose on Anzac Day with all his medals but only because I insist. Then he stands upright, with his arms rigid at his sides and a pained expression on his face!

His aversion is because he feels he looks old and tired. I think he is the most handsome man I've ever met, but he is not the most photogenic - in other words he looks much better in real life than in photos!

@Sighs Aww...I'm sending him an imaginary bear hug! :hug:

I think Tater is actually the same, doesn't enjoy being photographed (and okay, yeah...not super photogenic, you have to take a lot to end up with a few gems:confused: but that's true of me too LOL), but he is big into soldiering on and projecting confidence even if he's not really feeling it, so his self-consciousness doesn't show up in the pics.

We were having a stupid conversation a long time ago about when the wind blows your umbrella inside out. That is absolutely hilarious to me! It doesn't happen very often and it's not something you seen in real life but maybe a handful of times and I relish it each and every time.:roflmao: But, if I were the victim, I would think it was funny, but I'd also be mortified (which is stupid! LOL). He said, "Nope, I'd keep holding it above me head, chin up, and continue walking like I had planned for that to happen."

@Sweetpea76 These old birds are tough as nails!:p

LMAO! You're right about that, it is freckin windy over there sometimes! We had to cuddle up, arms looped, to make it back to the car and not get blown off a pier.:eek: Yes, I suppose it probably does happen more often in the UK than down here in the South. What a pity for me!:D I've only ever seen it happen twice and one time was when we were kids. My sister and I were outside trying to make it happen by running as fast as we could while holding the umbrella behind us. LOL! Kids...:rolleyes:

I went to Youtube to look for a video I had seen before about the umbrellas, couldn't find it, but I did fine "8 minutes of people slipping on the same patch of ice"...DELIGHTFUL! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Ahh, it's the simple things. Tater's gonna wake up to yet another of the ridiculous YT videos I send him regularly.:D

Clearly, I've crossed over into she's so tired she's delirious territory and I need to go to bed. Nighty night!:sleep:

Now I will have to google for that youtube video. Did you ever hear of Schadenfreude? I was told that people from other countries did not know the concept but it seems to untrue.

Do your veterans do that?

I just look at our wedding pictures in our living room and no he doesn't do it on them but he is so good looking on this pictures. You'll have to cut the bride (=me) from the pictures and they would be so beautiful. No just kidding but he is quite a hunk.

"Nope, I'd keep holding it above me head, chin up, and continue walking like I had planned for that to happen."

I had to laugh reading that but the "sad truth" is: Mine really would. He can be dignified to the point of being annoying. Do you know what I am talking about. He does not run unless on the sports field and he does not show he is annoyed. He likes dignified.

You know that drives me nuts because he likes to act like he is "second to none".

It is so really difficult to know what his feelings are. He likes to say "Feelings? I ain't got none". He jokes but I want to know. I want to know when he is feeling sad or lost or confused. Do your guys tell you?

My vet likes to tell me I am slowly. He tells me "quick, quick, quick, why are you still standing there". I get nervous. I do the things quickly and then I made a mistake and he asks me "why so nervous?" ("WTF because you make me feel nervous". He still believes another person cannot make you feel nervous). When he needs to be quick in turn? Like I said. He does not run, unless on the sport field or when he is jogging. Then you tell him "We need to hurry, quick" and he get's even slower.

Yes, and like you said he does not show he is surprised by something unexpected or shocked or whatever. No he acts like everythink happened like he planned and it would be funny if it wouldn't be so annoying.

Because what happens to them if they show that they are surprise, shocked, whastever. Do the tell them they are not supposed to do it or is it just the culture or what?

Does any of you have any idea what I am talking about?

"Talk to me baby, scream and shout
I want to know you, inside out" and I don't. Is this just the way it is and it's gonna be always that way?

I get very flustered when I can tell things are not going to plan and my vet is staring to get triggered. When I get flustered I usually screw things up and annoy him even more. He can't understand why my brain turns to absolute mush from time to time.

Schadenfreude

I hadn't heard that term before, but after looking it up, I would have to agree with you. I think it's a concept that everyone is familiar with. Think of all the fail videos, funny home video shows, computer pranks (like having someone play a game on the screen and then the scary figure pops up and scares the snot out of you!), and televised talent shows where people usually watch to see people make fools of themselves. There is definitely some pleasure to be derived from someone else's (not-too-serious) pain.

If I may, @Lemontree , it's nothing you don't already know, but really the whole point of your posts here boils down to your hubby treating you as if you're one of the soldiers under his command. I understand, logically, why he is so particular, most seems to come from fear driven that if he lets his guard down, something bad will happen. Thing is, you are his wife, not his battle buddy, and some of the comments you've relayed feel more like belittling to me than helping. I hope that he at least tries to give you some space to be the imperfect human that we all are.

Could be as simple as the difference between people who hire a trainer to help them workout - do you need someone who thinks screaming at you is motivation (not unlike some drill sergeants) or someone who will encourage you to keep trying? I would perform better under the latter, while Tater, having been through basic, of course, looks back on those days fondly. He gets a huge grin when he talks about how he had to figure out how to get his ass over that 10 foot wall, because if he didn't, he was beat until he did! Yeah...sounds like a lot of fun.:O_o: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back