1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Learning To Let Go Of The Shame

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by Marilyn_S, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

For a long time I struggled arduously with intense feelings of inner shame at the secrets that were contained in the deep and safely tucked recesses of my brain. I did not realize low self worth was an eroding and forebody enemy of my spirit and will to thrive. I thought that the love I have for others was deep enough to cover the canyon of emptiness left inside me by my own lack of willingness to accept the person I am. Until just very recently I was hidden by a shadow of delf doubt that only served to perpetuate a state of stagnatious neediness within me. I have found the culpret of my termultuous state of being and that culpret is toxic shame! The secrets I held with my mind and heart were poison to me in the form of toxic shame. Then a strong, bold, but gentle voice of a very caring human being torched the cankerous infection of my shame by darting me with an arrow of truth. I need not be rescued by someone else to show I am worthy of healing and comfort. I am worth rescuing my own self. I do not have to live with shame and secrets. I can live with pain, anger, anguish, and hope. It is OK to feel. Thank You voice of wisdom. You will forever have a place of fondness in my heart!

Mangochutney likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

toxic shame

Beautifully expressed Marilyn. Keep healing.

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

***I can live with pain, anger, anguish, and hope. It is OK to feel.***
    A great statement, Marilyn. It is in fact OK to feel. And you are in fact capable to living with your feelings and learning to manage them.
    Hugs