• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Letter To My Adopted Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizbabe

New Here
Mom,
You adopted me because you had a miscarriage. You were the best. I always thought of you as a true caring mother. Not a day goes by that i dont think about you and how you helped every way you could. You tried everyday to sit down and get me to open up. Only people i trusted was you and grandma. I did my best opening up. You understood everything. Never judged me. Now the day you passed i will never forget it keeps playing like a movie in my head. Our last conversation which you struggled sooo much with will never leave my heart. You were amazing. i know you did your best struggling to speak while on the ventilator. I stayed by your side. Our last convo was this...
Mom: Hey sweetie, How was school?
Me: it was ok but boring
Mom: did you learn anything today?
Me: learned about atoms and electrons in science.
Mom: thats great. I love you sweetie
Me: i love you very much too
Mom:promise you'll take care of dad for me?
Me: i promise mommy
Mom: tell your dad i love him too
Me: i will.
Mom: i love you babygirl ill see you tomorrow
Me: get some rest i love you always
Mom: (smiles) i have to go now its my time to go to heaven
Me: your the best see you later(hugs my mom)
Mom: dies in my arms saying i love you!

2 parents, 1 bio and one adopted. At such a young age. That's an awful lot on your plate to process. It sounds like you have a ton of serious things that have gone on in your short lifetime. Have you got a therapist? Any support?

I am going to give you some advice (I am sorry, you didn't ask for it). There is a ton of information etc here. A lot of emotion in looking at posts and writing down things you haven't expressed in a while (or ever). Be careful you don't overload if you can.

If you haven't had any lately here are some hugs if you can take them in.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it.

I had a great relationship with my mom too. The part about her not ever judging is so true for me too. I know she's safe in God's arms now, sopping up His love and I can't wait to be there with her, when my time comes.

You have something special there. The hurt of losing her must be great, but the words of her last conversation with you is something to treasure. I'm so glad you had an adoptive mom that didn't try so hard to replace the birth mom. It seems she understood that you came from a different place and that being different was something to be celebrated. It's a different kind of dynamic, that is for sure. Many people may not totally understand it.

Is the "dad" she speaks of the same adopted dad that you call an alcoholic? If so, how does that make you feel about her request to take care of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back