1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Letters From Iraq, and they Wonder Why Veterans Have High PTSD Rates?

Discussion in 'News, Politics & Debates' started by anthony, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I will only post the topics of each letter here, and you can click the proceeding link to read them if you desire. I think the headings are enough to allow you an active decision whether you want to read them or not, or more to the point, whether you can cope reading them. The full article contains graphic images... so beware if your stomach is not up to scratch, or your having a bad day.
    • If I Killed a Child am I a Murderer? I Need to Know!
    • Someone’s brains are in my hair and their blood is caked on my uniform
    • Playing the Proud Soldier On The Outside While You Are Slowly Dying Inside
    • Greetings from Iraq
    • A Medic in Iraq
    • Some of the medical staff have committed suicide
    Read the actual stories from http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/cgi-bin/blogs/voices.php/2006/05/08/p8063.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Please withdraw the pictures from this post....I was jolted and horrified when I hit the link on the bottom of this page...I wanted to only read one particular story and I could find no way to pull that up without hitting that link...Or you could edit your post and place a warning that pictures are connected to the story page....I am really soooooooooooooooooooooo shocked at this unexpected gore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Added that little extra bit WF. War is not pretty, that is for sure.

5. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

The picture makes me feel very sad that we have to resort to such measures. It is ironic that we go to war to resolve conflict. The people who stand up for our rights when that is the only option left should be looked after, not hidden away. The pictures are needed to remind people of what war is and what the price is for people on both sides. It's not just blowing up buildings. It's killing people and injuring many more.

I would like to see the leaders of the warring nations sort it out with a good old-fashioned fist fight. I'd bet that they would be more willing to negotiate if they were the ones going to get a beating. trouble is, all that would happen would be the invention of non-detectable supersteroids to give one leader advantage over the other. There would be a lot more assassinations too!

War is war, no matter how it is fought.

6. ashdawn8287

ashdawn8287 Well-Known Member

I know so many veterans it is normal here. It is sad what war has done to them. How terrible. I was 14 when 9/11 happened and it is quite difficult even now to think about. Then war. Then the economy. Not good times in my experiences. My sweet lovely guy friends pretty much all headed to war after they turned 18. I remember all the boys being enraged and feeling out of control and needing to find control again. In college a couple years later I would run into them recruiting students into the military and they had changed, so, so, very, very much. It breaks my heart to pieces the last decade.

I was just speaking to my father about how majorly depressed our whole family got after 9/11. My dad tried committing suicide 9/11 pushed him over from being able to handle this world and society that we live in.

Just thinking out loud.

God bless all the hearts of all veterans.