1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Lexapro and PTSD...

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by dazednconfused, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazednconfused

dazednconfused Active Member

Is there anybody out there that was put on Lexapro and had "nerve" problems and they just wanted to stay away from people, pushing away the people they love?

My husband separated from me and my child after being on the Lexapro and before taking it told me how much he loved me and was committed to our marriage working. Now on the Lexapro, he says he does not know if he loves me or ever loved me and his feelings are different toward our child. He goes off and we have no idea where he is.

This is so confusing!

:dontknow:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. sibemom

sibemom Active Member

Lexapro was one of the magic drugs that was tried on me. I COULD NOT DEAL WITH IT, first it made me ill like most of the others did and Yes I did get pretty kinda out of it and wanted to isolate myself because people got on my nerves. Everyone reacts to anti depressants differently, and these symptoms should be brought up to his doc. I was also tried on the NEW MAGIC combination of Prozac and amitriptaline, for not only the PTSD but to manage pain THAT WAS HORRIABLE, I thought I was turning psychotic from the Prozac. I would encourage him to talk to the doc and HELL you talk to the doc if you have to. HANG TOUGH it's a long road and sometimes much harder for the spouses and kids. These could be more symptoms of this CRUEL THING, I know my husband keeps track of everything and is very involved im my treatment. Everytime there was a new drug added or I had some new weird behavior he would keep notes so that when we went to the doc he could bring it up. I on the other hand at first had NO IDEA I was doing some of those things, so yeah I was glad he was very watchful. Are you involved in his treatment, does he allow that? I know I did not wan my hubby involved sometimes but he MADE SURE HE WAS I HAD NO CHOICE LOL. Is he in therapy? I would just talk to the care givers and let them know what is going on. This is such and unfair condition to not only the person that has it but for the families. I know what my family goes through on a daily basis with me I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE THEM AT ALL! LOL.

4. dazednconfused

dazednconfused Active Member

Lexapro

Thanks. I am not involved in his care. He has totally shut me out of his life for the most part and his family will not speak to the doctor, because he has told them that he will "disappear" if they do anything basically. I have tried to talk to the doctor, but because of confidentiality, they cannot discuss his case with me.

I really wish there was something that I could do. This weekend, he told me his nerves were bothering him and he could not stay at a family reunion and just had to get of there. He told me he was going to drive around and then get a motel room somewhere. We have no idea where he is at or what is going on with him.

I can only hope and pray that they will take him off of this med soon.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I was in the actual initial trial of lexapro, and continued it for about 8 months after hitting the pharmaceutical list, and it didn't react with me in that manner, though I had other side effects from it, one being muscle soreness, severe suicidal ideation and a few others. Its not just about the drug, it is your husbands complete frame of mind at present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar