• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Life's About To Implode!! Processing It Apparently During The Night! Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My life is about to implode ONCE again with my ex-husband!!! I am managing the anxiety during the day but at night it comes calling!!!
I have a high tolerance to medications but take enough at bed time to knock out a horse!! Right now with the stress I am waking every hour to two hours!! My therapist suggested a relaxation technique which I added and she also suggested some soft music because I like to have something in the background.
I tried that in addition to the meds last night and NO such luck!!! I am sooooooo sleep deprived on top of being stressed!!! I get sick easily too and don't need that to top things off!!
ANY ideas???? PLEASE I need some sleep!!!!! I try and take a nap during the day but even they are very short!! Thanks!

I realised eventually that for me, stressing about sleep was putting another layer of stress on me, only making my stress levels worse. I used to go two or three nights without any sleep at all, nowadays it is one night at a time, when stress levels are high.

Instead of laying and getting frustrated with it, I get up and read...all the time I'm doing this, at least my body is relaxing instead of laying in bed, tensed up with frustration. I accept that this is how I am for the moment ( like tonight ) and don't give myself the stress of getting uptight about it......I may very well doze for an hour in the small hours...that will be a bonus. During these awake nights I am conscious of sitting in a relaxed atmosphere....candles, wrapped in my cosy, music in the background, and my favourite scents.....just to help relax my body and give sleep a helping hand.....if it is going to come tonight.....I accept I can't force it.

I think most of them are for when you go to sleep, but I do have a concentration one and I believe there are others that talk you through anxiety and stuff. There are many different options depending on what areas your struggling with. There is an informational video on their website that explains how the bilateral sounds work and the positive impact on your brain. If you create an account, they will also send you coupons.

Sometimes when I can't sleep at night I listen to a yiga nidra recording. It's like a guided little mental journey and all you have to do is lie there and listen. Find this easier than breathing exercises if I am very streesed out and sleepless because there is nothing forced about it. My mind will wander in and out, that's expected. But if I like the recording, there's enough to keep engaged and usually I do drift into sleep. There are lots of free yoga nidra mp3s on the web ... the best ones, imho, invite a kind and gentle mental journey rather than telling you how to think and feel. No actual yoga required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back